MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Still Baron » 21 Mar 2017, 02:44

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Best of luck, Les!
Maybe you'll take a trip this way soon? Would be good to see you!

I want to see you guys too and hang out in Austin. I may move to the Austin area next year when I retire or some time after I retire depending on many factors. I have a cousin who lives in Georgetown and my uncle (her dad) lived to in Round Rock for a while. My brother is in the process of building a house in southern New Braunfels. He currently lives near there on the north side of San Antonio. So I have some family for support if I want it. The question is, do I want to live that close to family? I've been away from everyone for so long that it would feel weird to be closer. I know that it sounds like I'm conflicted and you'd be right. I've been 2,000 miles away from my family for over thirty years so while I believe in family and all the give and take that entails but I'm out of practice. I think my family is expecting me to move back to Texas soon after retiring. It would be a good decision for financial reasons as well as the familial support I memtioned. I'm more concerned about being surrounded by people who don't have my political outlook. Of course the flipsIde is, move here and increase your numbers in an area dominated by the opposition. I'm not used to thinking like that but these days are made for such thoughts.

So I will probably be making a reconnaissance trip in the near future. If there is any relocation info you want to pass on, please do.

Well, you would certainly be around like minded people in Austin!

That's very true. For me, the issue wouldn't be my family, it would be the heat, which is relentless from about now through Halloween. If I were more motivated, I would figure out a way to get rich and do a Doug Sahm and split town for five months a year.

It's not as cheap as it once was (even San Antonio and the I-35 corridor is getting more pricey), but surely money would go further down here than in California. Actually, San Antonio has been going through sort of a bourgeoisie rebirth, with better restaurants and that sort of thing. It might be a good option.

Let us know if you have any recon questions and the like!
Jimbo wrote:But there is hope for pessimism.

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 21 Mar 2017, 13:11

I got stuck behind an Axed-up bro on my walk in to work this morning, so I turned to take a different street and than the damned guy popped out of an alleyway in front of me again! Fucking hell, I could barely breathe.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Mar 2017, 16:11

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I got stuck behind an Axed-up bro on my walk in to work this morning, so I turned to take a different street and than the damned guy popped out of an alleyway in front of me again! Fucking hell, I could barely breathe.

I hate those Axe commercials and wouldn't buy the stuff just because of that.
Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good. . .

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Mar 2017, 16:12

Jeemo wrote:I had a plate of cornflakes today. First food since Saturday morning.

Why (maybe I should have been paying better attention, admittedly)?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Mar 2017, 16:31

The other day I saw a sign on a building that read SOD OFF and then I realized it actually said 500 OFF.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 21 Mar 2017, 17:08

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I had a plate of cornflakes today. First food since Saturday morning.

Food poisoning as covered at the end of the previous page. Slacker.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 21 Mar 2017, 19:12

Last week talking to customers on the phones!!!!!!!!

I just need to invent my "Last week talking to customers on the phones" dance. I thinking riverdance fused with a touch of gene Kelly.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 21 Mar 2017, 20:47

I've been invited to play at Spiritland, which is a bar with a ludicrous sound system where people play records for you to listen to. Quite excited about it - looking forward to playing lots of jazz and other nonsense.

http://thevinylfactory.com/films/spiritland-london/

clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it

Postby clive gash » 21 Mar 2017, 21:29

They have an all-brass mixing desk :) Let us know when this is happening, show a set list too.
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I;d never resort to bombs - but I;m not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

Diamond Dog wrote:I do find the inclusion of women unsavoury, I must confess.

(meme here)

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Mar 2017, 21:35

Jeemo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Food poisoning as covered at the end of the previous page. Slacker.

I was going to say I'm sorry, Mr. Trichinosis.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Mar 2017, 21:36

The Great Defector wrote:Last week talking to customers on the phones!!!!!!!!

I just need to invent my "Last week talking to customers on the phones" dance. I thinking riverdance fused with a touch of gene Kelly.

DON'T post a video.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 22 Mar 2017, 01:20

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Last week talking to customers on the phones!!!!!!!!

DON'T post a video.

....but I shaved my chest because I'm doing it shirtless. :cry:
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2017, 17:58

Still Baron wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:
I want to see you guys too and hang out in Austin. I may move to the Austin area next year when I retire or some time after I retire depending on many factors. I have a cousin who lives in Georgetown and my uncle (her dad) lived to in Round Rock for a while. My brother is in the process of building a house in southern New Braunfels. He currently lives near there on the north side of San Antonio. So I have some family for support if I want it. The question is, do I want to live that close to family? I've been away from everyone for so long that it would feel weird to be closer. I know that it sounds like I'm conflicted and you'd be right. I've been 2,000 miles away from my family for over thirty years so while I believe in family and all the give and take that entails but I'm out of practice. I think my family is expecting me to move back to Texas soon after retiring. It would be a good decision for financial reasons as well as the familial support I memtioned. I'm more concerned about being surrounded by people who don't have my political outlook. Of course the flipsIde is, move here and increase your numbers in an area dominated by the opposition. I'm not used to thinking like that but these days are made for such thoughts.

So I will probably be making a reconnaissance trip in the near future. If there is any relocation info you want to pass on, please do.

Well, you would certainly be around like minded people in Austin!

That's very true. For me, the issue wouldn't be my family, it would be the heat, which is relentless from about now through Halloween. If I were more motivated, I would figure out a way to get rich and do a Doug Sahm and split town for five months a year.

It's not as cheap as it once was (even San Antonio and the I-35 corridor is getting more pricey), but surely money would go further down here than in California. Actually, San Antonio has been going through sort of a bourgeoisie rebirth, with better restaurants and that sort of thing. It might be a good option.

Let us know if you have any recon questions and the like!

Thanks!

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2017, 17:59

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I got stuck behind an Axed-up bro on my walk in to work this morning, so I turned to take a different street and than the damned guy popped out of an alleyway in front of me again! Fucking hell, I could barely breathe.

What is an axed up bro? :?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 22 Mar 2017, 18:10

Six String wrote:

An impolite Canadian.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 22 Mar 2017, 18:39

Six String wrote:

Axe™ is a brand of spray-on cologne favoured by the more douchey elements of society (and they often wear way too much). 'Bro' is a singular colloquial for said societal elements.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 22 Mar 2017, 18:40

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Six String wrote:

Axe™ is a brand of spray-on cologne favoured by the more douchey elements of society (and they often wear way too much). 'Bro' is a singular colloquial for said societal elements.

Sounds like bruberry and chav over in england.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2017, 19:31

I've never smelled Axe AFAIK but based on your description it wouldn't change my basic non use of colognes, aftershave, etc.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 22 Mar 2017, 19:48

Six String wrote:I've never smelled Axe AFAIK but based on your description it wouldn't change my basic non use of colognes, aftershave, etc.

I don't use any of those things either, so I'm very aware of them. One of my co-workers douses himself before leaving work each day and stinks the place up to high heaven.

I once complained to a guy sitting beside me at a bar about how much cologne he was wearing, and he was very apologetic! I suspect most people wouldn't be, though.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 22 Mar 2017, 21:15

Jeemo wrote:Yes, I'm aware of bowls.

I assume you are aware of local colloquialisms?

Well, yeah, I'm familiar with the concept, but that's a new one for me. Seems like a slippery slope. What's next, forks as spoons, chopsticks as cheese graters? Pure madness!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Return to “Nextdoorland”