Desert Island Discs: Fireplug -- 16th October 2011

Fireplug

Re: Desert Island Discs: Fireplug -- 16th October 2011

Postby Fireplug » 19 Oct 2011, 14:51

Jeemo wrote:Nice right up Steve, I met the guys from Electric Mary two years ago in Baltimore, nice guys, shite music. :lol: There were playing at the PRS Experience and they had just finished their last number, and the crowd wanted more. In true Rock n Roll style the singer said We'll keep playing as long as you want us too. Then PRS himself walked on stage, singer looked at Paul. Thank you and Good night.

Excellent. The crowd were right and you are wrong, of course. But I'm sure you know that :-)

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 19 Oct 2011, 15:12

Fireplug wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Nice right up Steve, I met the guys from Electric Mary two years ago in Baltimore, nice guys, shite music. :lol: There were playing at the PRS Experience and they had just finished their last number, and the crowd wanted more. In true Rock n Roll style the singer said We'll keep playing as long as you want us too. Then PRS himself walked on stage, singer looked at Paul. Thank you and Good night.

Excellent. The crowd were right and you are wrong, of course. But I'm sure you know that :-)

They were fine, although their best song in the half hour set was a cover of U2's cover of Helter Skelter. Really nice bunch of guys, chatted for ages with them, loads of questions from them when I mentioned that I had family in Melbourne.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 19 Oct 2011, 18:42

Another good 'un. i recognise quite a bit in your family set-up- granddad a miner, dad a mechanic and mum being smart- so was mine but she wasn't allowed by her parents to go and study, being the eldest- her younger brother was allowed that luxury.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 20 Oct 2011, 19:30

"bereft of originality"... ? i got so caught up in yer story that i didn't wanna stop to listen to the music. (um, so i didn't. i went back and listened to it.)

you've had a fascinating life. you write about it so well. got me all worked up in the otis section. and then i hit that bit near the end...

"Having my wife and kids around -- despite the crushing mundanity of domestic routine, the post-apocalyptic desert that is my social life and the endless small sacrifices -- fills me with a contentment that's deeper than I could ever have imagined."

... i thought, damn. you've just nailed it. NAILED how i feel, much better than i ever could.

by the way, i loved the music. the tracks i knew (genesis, guns, otis and rocky) and the tracks i didn't (everything else... :oops: )

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Oct 2011, 21:05

Nicely done Fireplug. When people who were born after I graduated from highschool say they feel old, well......
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “BCB Desert Island Discs & BCB Interviews”