Film Club - Persona

A repository for saving film threads.
algroth

Re: Film Club - Persona

Postby algroth » 04 Apr 2010, 22:49

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to be able to participate in any way possible to "revive" the club, and I'll check out the earlier threads regarding this idea.

As for Wild Strawberries, I'd advice you to check it out as well. It's a good film, ot one of my favorites but still certainly a milestone within Bergman's own career. It was, after all, the first major work by Bergman alongside The Seventh Seal, and 1957 was the turning point in Bergman's career.

algroth

Postby algroth » 04 Apr 2010, 22:50

By the way, is there a list in which I can see all the films discussed so far in the Club?

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 04 Apr 2010, 23:17

algroth wrote:By the way, is there a list in which I can see all the films discussed so far in the Club?

I believe these were all of them (in rough order of first appearance):

The Straight Story
A Woman Under The Influence
Black Narcissus
One From The Heart
Kiss Me Deadly
Morvern Caller
If...
Strozcek
Repulsion
Last Tango in Paris
Badlands
Sunset Boulevard
Jeux D'Enfant
Blue Velvet
Persona

These films were chosen by indivduals in a sign up thread at the beginning of the main film club thread and then separate threads were started for each film. Some films were more successful than others in terms of the replies generated.
I did intend to create a separate archive section for the threads eventually, but I never got round to it partly because there didn't seem sufficient interest from the board. However it would be a shame to lose these threads, which after all can still be posted to, so I might still try to do that in the next week before we lose the threads altogether.
Meanwhile it's a case of just searching for them among the back pages of this section -they should all be there somewhere. However the search function is a bit ropey at the moment so you can't entirely rely on that.

algroth

Postby algroth » 04 Apr 2010, 23:42

Very cool list! Other than Persona my favorites would be If...., A Woman Under The Influence, Stroszek and The Straight Story, though I really liked all of the films I've seen from those.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 05 Apr 2010, 14:48

M! wrote:I did intend to create a separate archive section for the threads eventually, but I never got round to it partly because there didn't seem sufficient interest from the board. However it would be a shame to lose these threads, which after all can still be posted to, so I might still try to do that in the next week before we lose the threads altogether.

Can we just ask Jethro to move them into the "Classic Threads" section? I think it's purge-protected there. Or maybe we could have a sub-section of that area for the Film Club threads. I'd hate to lose those discussions.

Warm welcom to algroth seconded and suggestions noted. :)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 13 Aug 2010, 12:16

bump for moving.

Return to “Film Vault”