(Grand) Parenting

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Prez!
Stern Victorian Ponce

(Grand) Parenting

Postby Prez! » 15 Feb 2010, 19:57

Well, we've finally told the parents and had the 12 week scan, and are pleased to announce Junior Prez is pregnant.
Seventeen years old, three quarters of the way through her A Levels, the father (who, at 20 years of age will remain nameless) is not in the slightest bit interested, although he sure will be when it comes to maintainance payments!
We've been keeping this under wraps until we'd told our parents, but have known since New Years Day. The baby is due in August.
We've been through every emotion (well, I have) imaginable.
J.P., though has been amazingly calm, is being more than sensible & I love her more than words can say.
It's going to be a tricky time for all of us, particularly Chelsea, her younger sister. But life goes on, worse things can happen & at least no-one's died.

Drama Queenie

Re: (Grand) Parenting

Postby Drama Queenie » 15 Feb 2010, 20:02

Congratulations and love and kisses to JP. x

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 Feb 2010, 20:02

You'll all come through, I'm sure. You all sound very supportive of one another. All the best to you.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 15 Feb 2010, 20:06

Congratulations are in order, Matthew.
At seventeen and with a father-to-be apparently not interested, this is a bit of shocking news.
To me.

I sincerely hope all of you can work it out for the better.
I wish you all courage.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Prez!
Stern Victorian Ponce

Postby Prez! » 15 Feb 2010, 20:15

Walk In My Shadow wrote:At seventeen and with a father-to-be apparently not interested, this is a bit of shocking news.
To me.

I sincerely hope all of you can work it out for the better.
I wish you all courage.

Thankyou.
This was the sort of thing I thought happened to other people. I began doubting our abilities as parents, but littlun needs our support & she will get that, in spades.
We will face this as a family, she may not have a partner, but she has a family that loves her.

quix

Postby quix » 15 Feb 2010, 20:16

Prez! wrote:Well, we've finally told the parents and had the 12 week scan, and are pleased to announce Junior Prez is pregnant.
Seventeen years old, three quarters of the way through her A Levels, the father (who, at 20 years of age will remain nameless) is not in the slightest bit interested, although he sure will be when it comes to maintainance payments!
We've been keeping this under wraps until we'd told our parents, but have known since New Years Day. The baby is due in August.
We've been through every emotion (well, I have) imaginable.
J.P., though has been amazingly calm, is being more than sensible & I love her more than words can say.
It's going to be a tricky time for all of us, particularly Chelsea, her younger sister. But life goes on, worse things can happen & at least no-one's died.

one of my closest friend's daughter had her first baby at this age just a couple of years ago. he was out of his mind with worry when she first announced her pregnancy. she is a wonderful mother and the baby is a smasher and all his fears and worries for his daughter regarding having a baby so young etc have turned to dust. so.... congratulations indeed!

my mother says that if she knew how wonderful grandchildren were she would have had them first. ;)

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 15 Feb 2010, 20:21

Are you going to let us know how it went with the Grandparents Matt?
I assume all is well. You are lucky to have such a spirited daughter.
You don't like me...do you?

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 15 Feb 2010, 20:23

Of course you feel all kinds of conflicting emotions Matt but we all know that your grandchild is going to grow up in the most loving and supportive family that anyone could ask for. All the best mate.

Prez!
Stern Victorian Ponce

Postby Prez! » 15 Feb 2010, 20:29

yomptepi wrote:Are you going to let us know how it went with the Grandparents Matt?
I assume all is well. You are lucky to have such a spirited daughter.

The in-laws took it rather cautiosly at first, not quite hostile, but we went round there today & it wasn't mentioned. I have a feeling the mother in law will be scouring the charity shops as soon as the bump arrives.
My sister & her husband & two kids were up for the weekend, so Sunday we broke it to them & my step mum. They were brilliant, took it really calmy, in fact, Rebecca, my swister has sent Ash a couple of really nice texts. Although they live over 100 miles away, in Kent, I feel as though they're right here with us.
Mikel, Ash is a little star, she is a really gutsy little girl.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 15 Feb 2010, 20:43

I completely understand that your emotions are all over the place but only over the weekend, it was all over the papers that young mums make great mums. She will have the energy and attitude to deal with this. She has all of you and unlike us older mums, she'll have a child raised by the time she's in her mid-thirties.

My sister looks after kids and the best mum to any of them is the girl who had her baby at 17. She's finishing her degree now, she's looking at doing her Masters but she still has all the time in the world for her little fella.

It's not easy - of course not, but it's a new life coming into a really lovely family, and it could be the best thing that might ever happen to your daughter.

As for the "father" such as he is, make sure his name is nowhere near the birth cert come the time. He'll have to pay maintenance but this was he has no say over how the child is raised and she'll be glad of that in time.

So congrats! It's huge news, changes everything for your family but - a baby! Lovely.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Feb 2010, 20:43

Goodness me Matt! Congratulations, wishing you all the very best for your whole family.

xx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

La Denim

Postby La Denim » 15 Feb 2010, 20:43

She's a lovely girl who will no doubt have a beautiful baby.

As you say, nobody's died so there's lots to be thankful for. I was only saying to my mum the other day that anything is ok, just as long as they're safe and well.
mission wrote:As Brendan Behan said to the person talking about spiritualism, the Catholic Church has a much better class of ghost.

It's my class.

Witchypoo
Politically radical Nazgul

Postby Witchypoo » 15 Feb 2010, 21:21

She's a lucky girl to have you both as parents.
Congratulations Grandad. :D
Then Mick asked 'Would it make me a class traitor if I banged Thatcher?'

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 15 Feb 2010, 21:35

Matt

All the best from me, it will hard for all of you but at the same time it will bring lot of joy.

cheers

J
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Feb 2010, 00:14

When you started the post, Matt, I was worried that you were going to say Kid P was going to be your new son-in-law.

Whew, dodged a bullet there.

Good luck on the rest.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 16 Feb 2010, 01:19

My niece is a single mom. My sister helps her a lot, but it's a labor of love as far as she is concerned. You'll all be fine. My (grand) nephew just turned four yesterday and he's a complete joy.
The crazy music drives you insane

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 16 Feb 2010, 16:00

Congratulations Prez, and best of luck to you and your daughter. Babies are ace.

Oh yeah, and if you need a shotgun to deal with the weaselly father, then I knew a bloke who knows a bloke... ;)
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Feb 2010, 16:03

MTV just had this running reality series about teen moms that my daughter watched. They stayed away from Black and Hispanic girls, I think, to avoid the stereotypes.

Of the four moms profiled, the guy was only in on the picture for one of them.

I watched the wrap-up with my daughter and one thing said by one of the moms struck me: "You have to go from 16 to 30 overnight."

Some of the girls had more problems with this concept than others and you could see the struggle some of them had between keeping their youth and going out partying and being full-time moms.

The girls who had the most problems with this were the ones where the grandparents were willing to take the kids when the young women wanted to go out.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Feb 2010, 16:20

Prez! wrote:the father (who, at 20 years of age will remain nameless) is not in the slightest bit interested...

My hat's off to you for refraining from crucifying the kid.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 16 Feb 2010, 16:57

Congrats to the Prez family! You're gonna make a great Grandfather!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”