The Official CAG & Feeb Splicing Thread NOW WITH PHOTOS

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

The Official CAG & Feeb Splicing Thread NOW WITH PHOTOS

Postby king feeb » 22 Mar 2009, 18:29

As many of you know, Cosmic American Girl and I are going to be moving in together to her Colorado love pad.

Debi is here now and soon we will start the big drive across country with Sonny in charge. We leave Wednesday for John Denver country.

I've left my job, and all my stuff is packed into boxes. I'm moving out of Boston after living here for 26 years, and, yes, I will miss it (though I won't miss the high cost of living, or the crap drivers or the shitty Winter storms).

The internet goes off tomorrow. We will probably not have internet access again until we get to Colorado. So don't worry if you don't see the same level of bollocks posted for a week or so.

Also, since we're into "multi-tasking", we are also planning a cross-country crime spree to coincide with our long drive. Just the usual bank robberies, arson and random senseless murders. Got any suggestions for an appropriate soundtrack? She won't let me play any prog :cry: , so ELP is definitely out.
Last edited by king feeb on 02 Apr 2009, 19:44, edited 2 times in total.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

sensi

Re: The Official Feeb and CAG Splicing Thread

Postby sensi » 22 Mar 2009, 18:32

No music suggestion but I'm dead chuffed for both of you...Sonny too :D

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Mar 2009, 18:35

Fucking hell, I've been slow on the uptake here. I really did not know. :o

Heartiest congrats to the pair of you - that is smashing news!!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 22 Mar 2009, 18:37

I said it once and I'll say it again, couldn't have happened to two nicer people. Congratulations!

How about Nick Cave's Deanna.
The crazy music drives you insane

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 22 Mar 2009, 18:41

king feeb wrote:Got any suggestions for an appropriate soundtrack? She won't let me play any prog :cry: , so ELP is definitely out.

Well there is that Graham Perkins chap she's always on about.
We're way past rhubarb

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: The Official CAG & Feeb Splicing Thread

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2009, 18:54

Congratulations! And good luck with it.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Mar 2009, 18:56

Congratulations!

As for music: how about Black Monk Time?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Mar 2009, 19:10

Congrats to you both! Superb.

I'm almost sorry to go all canonist/rockist, but Exile On Main St. is the only prescription for the cross-country drive.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

moonie

Postby moonie » 22 Mar 2009, 19:14

Tell D I've sent her a PM. My brother in law is dying to have drinks with you guys when you get to the Mile High...

More to come.

And, congrats Bonnie and Clyde!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Mar 2009, 19:20

moonie wrote:And, congrats Bonnie and Clyde!

I can't give legal advice, but it's not too late to take down the advance notice of the crime spree.
Such blatant premeditation is sure to figure into the sentencing in the event you get caught. Of course, the best legal advice of all time, apart from never telling the cops or the government anything, is to never break more than one law at a time. And, as a rough corollary, don't get caught.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Mar 2009, 19:21

I hope y'all have a good trip!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 22 Mar 2009, 19:22

Wow! Such news! All the best to you guys.

I went on a road trip, of sorts, last week and one of the only available CDs was The Joshua Tree. You know what? I have to say it made me feel like a bare-chested Viking warrior on speed. Really good, though I more than understand if it's not for the Feeb.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Mar 2009, 19:23

Leg of lamb wrote:I went on a road trip, of sorts, last week and one of the only available CDs was The Joshua Tree.

Where did you go?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Mar 2009, 19:30

ZZ Top.

My best to the both of you. Both you and Debi are two of my favorite folks on here and I'm very happy for the adventure you're undertaking together.

Mazel tov.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 22 Mar 2009, 19:32

Taco Baron wrote:
Leg of lamb wrote:I went on a road trip, of sorts, last week and one of the only available CDs was The Joshua Tree.

Where did you go?

Around upstate Pennsylvania and New York - my friend's family has a lakeside house in PA, so we based ourselves there and did a little exploring. So not far afield or anything, but I spent enough time in a car listening to U2 for me to call it a road trip without feeling like a total fraud.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Mar 2009, 19:35

Leg of lamb wrote:
Taco Baron wrote:

Where did you go?

Around upstate Pennsylvania and New York - my friend's family has a lakeside house in PA, so we based ourselves there and did a little exploring. So not far afield or anything, but I spent enough time in a car listening to U2 for me to call it a road trip without feeling like a total fraud.

Nice -- Pennsylvania is a fundamentally weird place, but it's generally very pretty. I think over an hour counts for a road trip for people on the east coast.
The Joshua Tree is a good record for that sort of thing, I think. There's an airiness to it, as I recall. Or maybe that's just suggested by all the pictures of U2 lamping in the desert.

More to the point, I enjoy Neil Young's Mirroball record for road trips. There is a certain vastness and propulsion about it.

B

Postby B » 22 Mar 2009, 19:45

Have fun!

Molony

Postby Molony » 22 Mar 2009, 19:47

Great news. Hope the trip goes well.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 22 Mar 2009, 19:49

Well you kept that quiet. I had no idea you were a couple. Anyway good news and all the best to both of you for the future.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Mar 2009, 19:55

Nuggets volumes, Flamin' Groovies and other peppy stuff for the start. Associates and Pere Ubu for the middle. Stoneman Family for the heartland states.

Is she OK with Can? Good for the long bits.

Y'know, as the only BCBer (I think) that's met all three of you, I think you're all wonderful beings. I wish you many happy times together. Make sure to play with Sonny a lot, and let him stretch his paws frequently. Rest-stop litter pan breaks are probably a good idea too.

Does Debi still have the same cell phone number? Maybe I'll hassle you guys on the way.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”