Pretty Boy Floyd R.I.P.

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Beebsy

Re: Where's Tom Violence?

Postby Beebsy » 27 Aug 2008, 20:20

This is truly horrible. Poor fella. I am so sorry he struggled with this awful illness. Oh, and his poor, poor family.

Please, if anyone is struggling with life, try and talk to someone. Get help. It's not that easy, I know, and I don't want to assume anything or belittle anyone's circumstances, but I hate the idea of any of you hurting or feeling this way.

I'm in with Jane's idea but if it doesn't come through, I will gladly help our local Samaritans in Alistair's name.

RIP.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Aug 2008, 20:20

This is horribly sad. I had no idea. Whoever it was said we need some good news around here is sure right. :(

I didn't know him well, but he always seemed a nice fellow. Too nice to have to suffer as it sounds like he did. My sympathies to his family and friends.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 Aug 2008, 20:21

RIP Alistair. Depression is no joke. Hope one day we understand it better.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 27 Aug 2008, 20:21

I'd offer my PayPal account, but it's not a great time.

The principle is that we all make payments into someone's PayPal account and they make a single donation. I think that's what Smamf did for Stu. I certainly sent her something using Paypal.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Aug 2008, 20:26

If no one else wants to do it, I think I could use my Paypal account. Of course, Sam did a great job with Stu - but I'm not sure how she's fixed at the moment? Does Jethro use his Paypal account purely for this site?

Just some ideas.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 27 Aug 2008, 20:29

I'd be happy to collect donations in my PayPal account.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Grollope
Barred from the Eisteddfod

Postby Grollope » 27 Aug 2008, 20:31

I'm stunned by this, no words express what I feel.

We have quite a few members who suffer from depression on here, maybe we could do something proactive - like setting up a buddy organisation to check on people to see if they're OK if they don't post for a while. I'm sure this is already done on an ad hoc basis for some on here, but perhaps if we tried to organise something more formally, people might not feel they are alone and let the depression get to them so accutely.

Sorry, just a half-baked idea, but maybe something I hope could work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-C2Ar4gpi8

Jimbo wrote: my gay friend told me all one has to do is take half. Sounds sensible. Try it.

Copehead wrote: they are choosing to monitor butt hose

doctorlouie

Postby doctorlouie » 27 Aug 2008, 20:33

Grollope wrote:I'm stunned by this, no words express what I feel.

We have quite a few members who suffer from depression on here, maybe we could do something proactive - like setting up a buddy organisation to check on people to see if they're OK if they don't post for a while. I'm sure this is already done on an ad hoc basis for some on here, but perhaps if we tried to organise something more formally, people might not feel they are alone and let the depression get to them so accutely.

Good thinking. Let's talk about it elsewhere perhaps.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Aug 2008, 20:34

I'll change the thread title.

JQW

Postby JQW » 27 Aug 2008, 20:35

The Prof wrote:I'll change the thread title.

Cheers - I was just about to do the same.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Aug 2008, 20:36

Grollope wrote:I'm stunned by this, no words express what I feel.

An excellent idea. And not just for depression. There's other health issues and (not to be morbid, but) there's always a chance that anything can happen to any of us.

I think for a start, everybody here should make sure at least a few local people who post here have contact numbers for them.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Re: Pretty Boy Floyd R.I.P.

Postby the masked man » 27 Aug 2008, 20:41

Just read this, and I am absolutely stunned - oh, God, this is just awful. I certainly agree that we should do a collection (in aid of Samaritans?), and I'll certainly chip in at the weekend's Jolly-Up if it's arranged.

RIP. I'm really saddened by this.

Megh
tamagotchi girlfriend

Postby Megh » 27 Aug 2008, 20:54

Fucking depression.

So very sad.

RIP.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 27 Aug 2008, 21:05

I'd hate to think we are rushing to conclusions, but it looks really bad. Is there any way we can contact the family in a non invasive way, and express our condolences. ? I think the samaritans idea is a good one, and I will gladly contribute. I just wish ....
You don't like me...do you?

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 27 Aug 2008, 21:11

Having lived for 10 years in Darlington, and as my family are still up there I always looked out for Pretty Boy's posts as a little taste of back home in a strange way. I didn't always share his tastes or opinions but his passion and hunger for new musical experiences shone through, and he took the couple of little snipes i sent his way with lively good humour. This terrible and unexpected loss will leave us all poorer. What a shame he isn't around to know how we feel about him. RIP Marra.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Billy

Postby Billy » 27 Aug 2008, 21:13

oh sweet jesus ... that's such terrible news. RIP Pretty Boy

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 27 Aug 2008, 21:20

yomptepi wrote:I'd hate to think we are rushing to conclusions, but it looks really bad. Is there any way we can contact the family in a non invasive way, and express our condolences. ? I think the samaritans idea is a good one, and I will gladly contribute. I just wish ....
I'd considered trying to contact his family, but i can't think of a delicate way of doing so...
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

doctorlouie

Postby doctorlouie » 27 Aug 2008, 21:24

He went to the York JU, so someone who was there might be in a position to say something. I was there, but can't remember talking to him. I know that sounds like a cop out, but it's true. I'm not trying to foist this onto anyone but it might seem less out of the blue.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 27 Aug 2008, 21:26

More bad news. RIP Pretty Boy Floyd.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 27 Aug 2008, 21:30

Seems like you can't visit BCB lately without reading about something awful. This is really a shocker though. He seemed like a happy person, a lovely guy. I hope he finally found peace. Depression's just a terrible illness.

RIP Ali.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”