Phil (RKJ Gumbleputty) and Ruth

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Phil (RKJ Gumbleputty) and Ruth

Postby Snarfyguy » 25 Mar 2008, 00:11

Woah, just seeing this now, been away.

I am so sorry for your loss, Phil. I don't know what else to say. I'd give you a hug if I could.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Gus

Postby Gus » 25 Mar 2008, 12:24

Another here who hadn't seen this earlier.

So sorry to hear this sad news. Take good care of each other.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Mar 2008, 21:27

Stupid Giraffe wrote:It was Ruth's funeral today. I hope everything went as well as can be expected for Phil and the family.

Indeed.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 25 Mar 2008, 22:56

Hi folks. Thank you all for your PM's and kind words & thoughts. I'm lost for words, to be honest.
The funeral went very well, evangelical-style services like this tend to be a mix of mourning and thanksgiving for a life, and thankfully the mix was balanced just right today, bang on the money.

I'll post more tomorrow, cos to be honest I feel drained right now, physically & emotionally. But I do feel a great sense of relief and closure at the moment. I'd been getting continual really bad pains in the sides of my neck, head and shoulders since Friday/Saturday, and it was only when we were walking back home after the funeral, I realised that they were slowly diminishing, probably because of all the tension I'd been holding in, without realising it, but which was now diminishing.

Anyway, thanks to you all again, and I'll be back, tomorrow probably...

x

Jock

Postby Jock » 26 Mar 2008, 09:04

I'm late in seeing this. Very very sad news. Our thoughts are with you.
Always Cheated Never Defeated

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Mar 2008, 12:09

RKJ Gumbleputty wrote:Hi folks. Thank you all for your PM's and kind words & thoughts. I'm lost for words, to be honest.
The funeral went very well, evangelical-style services like this tend to be a mix of mourning and thanksgiving for a life, and thankfully the mix was balanced just right today, bang on the money.

I'll post more tomorrow, cos to be honest I feel drained right now, physically & emotionally. But I do feel a great sense of relief and closure at the moment. I'd been getting continual really bad pains in the sides of my neck, head and shoulders since Friday/Saturday, and it was only when we were walking back home after the funeral, I realised that they were slowly diminishing, probably because of all the tension I'd been holding in, without realising it, but which was now diminishing.

Anyway, thanks to you all again, and I'll be back, tomorrow probably...

x

Im sure Im not alone in saying you and your family have been in my thoughts ever since the news. This is the time for you to be unfazed as you go through every emotion known to mankind, let them all sweep over and under you and accept them as normal reactions - and one day these waves will lead you to somewhere you'll find some kind of peace - never forgetting, but learning to live with what has gone - you will get there - god speed.

xxxxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 27 Mar 2008, 19:47

neverknows wrote:Wonderful signature, Phil.

It is, isn't it. It would have been my mum's 75th birthday tomorrow.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

chrischrischris

Postby chrischrischris » 29 Mar 2008, 13:08

Gosh Phil, I'm so sorry to read this. But - you're right - the funeral is a definite point of closure. I know 'time's a healer' is an over-used cliche, but it's a bloody useful one. Take each day as it comes and the pain will eventually ease.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Geoff
Abba Fan

Postby Geoff » 31 Mar 2008, 23:04

Aw, Jesus, I just read this thread. I'm so sorry, Phil.
megeoff.blogspot.ca

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 04 Apr 2008, 16:29

Just read this mate, really sorry like everyone else. Looks like your hanging tough for everyone, still don't be afraid to take time for yourself as well if you haven't.

Sorry again.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”