Another board loss: RIP Mr. Slater's Parrot

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
The Midnight Special
Renaissance Man

Postby The Midnight Special » 08 Sep 2006, 13:45

Sad to read about his death. I never interacted with him but it seems he was a good guy, like Vieira, Rest In Peace.
Gracias por su visita

Delgado

Postby Delgado » 11 Sep 2006, 17:05

The Midnight Special wrote:Sad to read about his death. I never interacted with him but it seems he was a good guy, like Vieira, Rest In Peace.

Ditto
"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast"

Teabag
The docker's delight

Postby Teabag » 16 Sep 2006, 18:00

Sutekh wrote:I hate to point this out, but you know what they say: "these things always come in threes'

Let's hope not... :(

I have been feeling very lonely of late so came to the 'chat' forums on the board. I wish I hadn't. On the one hand there's the sadness of people dying. I was fortunate enough to have met Vieira and know his passing is a loss to the world. I didn't meet Mr Slater's Parrot but the Bonzos linked moniker in the days when my sig was Bonzos related too created a sense of affinity for me. A good egg has gone.

On the other there's the unnecessary self-indulgence of Slim's 'Posters You Dislike' thread (If you were really upset about the way it was going why not delete it?) and DQ's sociology homework project. I don't think I have ever seen such egocentric posting and lack of consideration for others in my time on this board. The Johari window can be used for self-analysis, true, but the vague, unspecific way it was mentioned here makes me think it has just been mentioned for shit stirring.

I realise some posted here in fun but ...

It used to be that we felt this board brought people together.

A new low.
I could be wrong. I usually am.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”