Stu (Vieira)

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Underwater
Now more than ever

Postby Underwater » 10 Aug 2006, 14:40

Sam, if you bring the card to the Aug 14th JU, Those there can sign it. Or would that be considered unfair to the members unable to attend..? I'm sure we can put something in that tells the reaction of the board when we heard.
Also, a tin teardrop

Prez!
Stern Victorian Ponce

Postby Prez! » 10 Aug 2006, 14:49

The Smamfy wrote:
Underwater wrote:Sam, if you bring the card to the Aug 14th JU, Those there can sign it. Or would that be considered unfair to the members unable to attend..? I'm sure we can put something in that tells the reaction of the board when we heard.

Good idea, and it's the 19th isn't it?

Maybe for those that can't attend the JU a paraphrasing/list of comments from this thread as our kind of "Book of Condolence" in the card or something?
And I believe the JU is the 19th.

I'm doing a disco down the pub tomorrow, I'll play "Mr.Blue Sky" in Stus honour.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 10 Aug 2006, 15:04

I never met Stu either although I did exchange a couple of discs and PMs with him. I'm gutted by this and my thoughts are with his family right now.

I'll be happy to donate towards some flowers, or whatever is decided.

RIP Stu.
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 10 Aug 2006, 15:07

the prez wrote:
The Smamfy wrote:
Underwater wrote:Sam, if you bring the card to the Aug 14th JU, Those there can sign it. Or would that be considered unfair to the members unable to attend..? I'm sure we can put something in that tells the reaction of the board when we heard.

Maybe for those that can't attend the JU a paraphrasing/list of comments from this thread as our kind of "Book of Condolence" in the card or something?

I'm doing a disco down the pub tomorrow, I'll play "Mr.Blue Sky" in Stus honour.

Can something be done electronically? I'm thinking of something similar to the card being passed around the office for signing. Not sure what it could be or how it would work. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the initiative Sam.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 10 Aug 2006, 15:09

SoupHound wrote:
the prez wrote:
The Smamfy wrote:

Can something be done electronically? I'm thinking of something similar to the card being passed around the office for signing. Not sure what it could be or how it would work. Any ideas?

Maybe a thread, to pay respects only, that could be printed and put into a card to make sure that we capture the thoughts of all those that wont be at the JU.
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Delgado

Postby Delgado » 10 Aug 2006, 15:18

Marquis de Scarborough wrote:
SoupHound wrote:
the prez wrote:
The Smamfy wrote:

Maybe a thread, to pay respects only, that could be printed and put into a card to make sure that we capture the thoughts of all those that wont be at the JU.

I think something to show how highly we thought of Stu is a very good idea.
"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast"

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 10 Aug 2006, 15:29

I've just found this out, i'm very gutted.. i met him once or twice at JUs and he was a splendid chap indeed. what happened? he was way too young. I'd like to give some money sam, but i'm so skint right now i'm not sure that i can afford to attend the JU even...still...

RIP Stu, you'll be missed...
Last edited by cheifwhat on 11 Aug 2006, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly dancing sir,...

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 10 Aug 2006, 15:31

Marquis de Scarborough wrote:Maybe a thread, to pay respects only, that could be printed and put into a card to make sure that we capture the thoughts of all those that wont be at the JU.

That would be quite do-able. Cut & pasted messages from the board and signed by people at the JU. A small book even.

The Midnight Special
Renaissance Man

Postby The Midnight Special » 10 Aug 2006, 16:04

I've just read the news in another section. I don't think I ever met Stu, nor had major dealings with him on BCB, but this has still shocked and saddened me far more than I would have expected.

I'm feeling very tearful about things in my life at the moment anyway, and had manfully resisted the urge to cry, but after reading about Stu's death I'm resisting no more.

Rest in Peace Stu
Gracias por su visita

randy_lavanga

Postby randy_lavanga » 10 Aug 2006, 17:19

It's very humbling to hear this kind of news.

I didn't get the chance to meet Stu, but from reading his posts it was easy to know he was a true gent and a loving and caring one at that.

I hope he and his little daughter are somewhere together right now.

Go mbeannaí Dia agus codladh sámh duit.
Image All around us everything is blazing but our lips are ice...

Django

Postby Django » 10 Aug 2006, 17:24

I've only just seen this, mainly because I'm an idiot and had assumed it was a football thread.

Like many others, I didn't really know Stu, but this is a terribly sad thing to happen, and my thoughts are with his family.

Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug

Postby Chestnuts roasting on an open Fireplug » 10 Aug 2006, 17:27

I didn't have a huge amount of direct contact with him, but when I did he always came across as a very decent bloke - something confirmed by the comments here from those who know him better.

Rest in peace, and my most sincere condolences to his family.

Evil Dave
The 2nd most evil man in Cumbria.

Postby Evil Dave » 10 Aug 2006, 17:49

At work I can't log on and this was the last post that Stu made, for those of us that can't log on.

It's very poignant.

Taken from the 'Are You a Collector or a Listener' thread, it literally had me in tears in my office.

Vieira wrote:You can be both.

I am lucky, in that I work for myself - 12 hours a day, so I play music all day. I can't say that there is one CD I haven't listened to (but some of them only once, and never again.)

So far, I have 6000 CDs and 2000 books. They will all go to my daughter. If she doesn't like them, so what? At least she's been exposed to some culture (bearing in mind I'm unlikely to take her to the ballet or the opera before Ashburton Grove.)

And she can sell them and go travelling.

RIP

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 10 Aug 2006, 18:00

This is such sad news. I didn’t know him personally but was familiar with his kindness and generosity.

My condolences to his wife and family.
The crazy music drives you insane

Geoff
Abba Fan

Postby Geoff » 10 Aug 2006, 18:03

This is tragic. How many terrible blows does a family have to absorb in this life?

Our deepest sympathies.

Geoff & Deb
megeoff.blogspot.ca

moonie

Postby moonie » 10 Aug 2006, 18:05

May you be in peace, Stu- Many thoughts and prayers are with him, wife and family-

Christy
Last edited by moonie on 11 Aug 2006, 01:29, edited 2 times in total.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 10 Aug 2006, 18:39

Very sad news.

RIP Stu.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Spec

Postby Spec » 10 Aug 2006, 18:48

I can only echo the many posts above. Very sad indeed. Deepest condolences to the family.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 10 Aug 2006, 19:18

I never met or dealt with him directly, but based on the words of others, he was clearly well-liked around here. And as I've said before, I feel like we're a family here, so of course I hate to hear about losing one of our own. Especially so young. My condolences to his family.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 10 Aug 2006, 19:19

I have absolutely no problem to contributing to flowers or a charity but my preferred option would be if we could send a cheque to Caroline that she could keep in trust for their daughter.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”