RIP Diana Brogden

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Re: RIP Diana Brogden

Postby atomic loonybin » 15 Mar 2011, 13:35

Thank you all so much.

Diana was a very private person and she hated fuss, so very few people knew the extent of her illness. We carried on regardless in the main until her final few weeks. She was a beautiful woman who shared my life for nearly 30 years, and I am so privileged to have loved her and be loved by her. Hannah and I will miss her terribly.

If anyone is in the Teesside area, her funeral is next Wednesday (23rd) at 1:00pm at St Bede's Chapel, Teesside Crematorium. One word of warning - there will be Donny Osmond played.

See you later love x

Last edited by atomic loonybin on 15 Mar 2011, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Mar 2011, 13:36

Oh Garry.
God bless you.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 15 Mar 2011, 13:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh Garry.
God bless you.

Precisely. God bless you mate.

I was lucky enough to have had the privilege of knowing Diana a little and she was, indeed, a lovely girl, gentle, kind and caring.

I am deeply saddened by this awful news and my thoughts are with you and Hannah.
Grab your coat sweetheart....I've got a knife.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 15 Mar 2011, 13:50

Footy wrote:God bless you mate.

I was lucky enough to have had the privilege of knowing Diana a little and she was, indeed, a lovely girl, gentle, kind and caring.

I am deeply saddened by this awful news and my thoughts are with you and Hannah.

Exactly that.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 15 Mar 2011, 20:33

Footy wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh Garry.
God bless you.

Precisely. God bless you mate.

Beautifully put Andy. I am so sorry Garry. I wish you strength.
You don't like me...do you?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 Mar 2011, 21:52

Only just saw this. My sympathies to you and your family.

At moments like this, humor can be vitally important. In light of this I hope you don't mind that this:

atomic loonybin wrote:One word of warning - there will be Donny Osmond played.

Made me laugh. :D
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 17 Mar 2011, 10:14

I only found out about this yesterday from Andy (Footy). It came as a huge shock, as I wasn't even aware that Diana was ill. I know that Garry is a very private person himself ... we've joked before about how some people on here only have to change their undies and we get to know about it, whereas some people have a good understanding of what should be discussed in public and what is just banal and pointless. Garry is one of those people. Without going into detail, he's been helping me with something recently (last month) that seems bloody trivial now, but it's mark of what kind of bloke he is that he did so even though he must have been going through such personal pain and grief himself with Diana and Hannah ... Garry, if I knew what you were going through, I wouldn't have bothered you with it. You're a star mate.

I don't know what to say Garry, I never do at times like this. My thoughts are with you and Hannah and the rest of your family. Unfortunately, and ironically as I am one of the few people on here that live in Teesside, I'll be in Ghent next Wednesday to Friday at a Sales Meeting. I'll be thinking of you and I hope all goes as well as these things can.

I know you've got closer friends and family that me to talk to, but you've got my mobile number, so you know ...

Hang in there.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 17 Mar 2011, 11:58

Best wishes Garry to you and your family. You must be bereft. I have no idea what I'd do if something like this happened to my family.

CatnHat

Postby CatnHat » 17 Mar 2011, 18:10

Really sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family.
Beebsy wrote: I make up for it but being very funny, witty and having large boobs.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Mar 2011, 23:54

brotherlouie wrote:Best wishes Garry to you and your family. You must be bereft. I have no idea what I'd do if something like this happened to my family.

My sentiments exactly.
Best wishes, ALB.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Heilan Coo
The Communist Charles Hawtrey

Postby Heilan Coo » 18 Mar 2011, 00:23

I'm so sorry, Garry. We're all here for you, mate - take care.
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

Cosmic American Girl

Postby Cosmic American Girl » 18 Mar 2011, 01:36

Garry, may the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead.

John_K
driven by lists

Postby John_K » 21 Mar 2011, 23:37

Garry, really sorry to stumble across this only today, I can't begin to imagine the grief you're facing.

May Diana's smile live with you forever.

Our condolences, take care...

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 22 Mar 2011, 17:37

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 23 Mar 2011, 16:23

I just got back from Diana's funeral.

I hope it's not inappropriate to make such a post as this but I realise that Garry, Hannah and the family will have been in your thoughts today.

It was a great send-off in beautiful spring sunshine before many a tear-stained, yet smiling, face. A sad occasion, obviously, but at the same time, the warmth, the love and the humour were palpable.
Garry spoke beautifully with tender and amusing tales of Diana and of their life together. He was immense and really did her proud.

And Donny Osmond will never sound quite the same to me again.
Grab your coat sweetheart....I've got a knife.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 24 Mar 2011, 19:27

I'm so glad you were there to represent us, you fat old homo.

Garry, if I could have, I would have.
I have no doubt whatsoever that, as our absentee negro friend says above, you did Diana proud.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Mar 2011, 08:33

Garry, I've literally just founf out about this (via John R) so my sincerest apologies for not responding any earlier.

Nothing I can say or do will make this time any easier for you Garry - just know that I am trying to understand how much of a loss you and your family are feeling right now, and I only wish there was more I could do to make your suffering any easier. But I struggle to comprehend this kind of loss - so my words are, sadly, insufficient and probably none too tactful either. For that, I also apologise.

I'm sure there will be many, many people who miss Diana - but none more than you and Hannah. I can only begin to imagine how much she will be missed by you both.

Take care mate and, if you want to chat, rant, or maybe havesome light-hearted relief...well, I'm probably not the guy you'll turn to. But just know I'm here if you do, my man?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Molony

RIP Diana Brogden

Postby Molony » 31 Mar 2011, 19:35

Very sorry to hear such sad news. My condolences to you and your family.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 31 Mar 2011, 21:15

Such sad news. Stay strong Garry.
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”