An apology

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

An apology

Postby KeithPratt » 03 Nov 2010, 15:30

Hello,

A quick word to my recipients and those who sent me mix CDs for August, September and October.

A combination of setting up a record label and new work responsibilities has meant that I’ve had little time to review/make CDs. I’ve also recently moved out of London and the transferal did result in the storage of 95% of my music for around 2 years at a place that is not easily accessible (I don’t have a car).

Having finally sorted out my stuff at my new place I find that the CDs I’ve been sent for these months are now in storage and it’s going to be unlikely that I access them for sometime at the storage space. Therefore I have to offer my sincere apologies for not finding the time to listen to and review the ones I’ve been sent for these months. I have extracted myself from the mix club as such for the future.

John_K
driven by lists

Re: An apology

Postby John_K » 28 Jan 2011, 09:58

Jumping onto Toby's coat tails rather than starting a new thread...

My apologies to my December and January mixers, I've been all over the place recently and haven't managed to put together reviews for your discs yet, but I hope to attend to them over the next short while.

My very late mixes for December :shock: and January will be in the mail shortly also.

A whole host of things have conspired against me from the end of last year, which I won't bore you with here.

Things are looking up, I've received a letter of offer this week, and hope to be back to work over the next couple of weeks, it's been a long 13 months of house-husbandry...

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 29 Jan 2011, 04:32

John_K wrote:Jumping onto Toby's coat tails rather than starting a new thread...

My apologies to my December and January mixers, I've been all over the place recently and haven't managed to put together reviews for your discs yet, but I hope to attend to them over the next short while.

My very late mixes for December :shock: and January will be in the mail shortly also.

A whole host of things have conspired against me from the end of last year, which I won't bore you with here.

Things are looking up, I've received a letter of offer this week, and hope to be back to work over the next couple of weeks, it's been a long 13 months of house-husbandry...

Good news on the job front. 13 months can feel a long long time with such uncertainty. so you'll have more time free when working than not? Congrats on the job, or more particularly the income.
One night, an evil spirit held me down
I could not make one single sound
Jah told me, 'Son, use the word'
And now I'm as free as a bird

John_K
driven by lists

Postby John_K » 29 Jan 2011, 14:24

beenieman wrote:
John_K wrote:Jumping onto Toby's coat tails rather than starting a new thread...

Good news on the job front. 13 months can feel a long long time with such uncertainty. so you'll have more time free when working than not? Congrats on the job, or more particularly the income.

Sometimes, you've all the time in the world, but when everybody else has left for work and school, and you're left with the four walls, you've none of the desire...

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 31 Jan 2011, 09:15

Glad to hear the future's looking brighter, John. All the best.

John_K
driven by lists

Postby John_K » 12 Feb 2011, 18:46

John_K wrote:
beenieman wrote:

Sometimes, you've all the time in the world, but when everybody else has left for work and school, and you're left with the four walls, you've none of the desire...

Outstanding discs are en route :oops:

I'm working the outstanding reviews next...

Return to “Mix Club”