Important Announcement

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
The Fish
Beer Battered

Important Announcement

Postby The Fish » 16 Jan 2016, 15:01

1) As of next month (February) I am reverting to the previous method of forwarding addresses for you to send a disc. I currently receive a disc through the post from those unable to master the technology and do all of the detagging and uploading on their behalf. It seems one more would wish to be added to that number following various issues. This means there would be four out of seven signed up for February sending a disc through the mail, which is getting ridiculous as they may as well send directly to their recipient. I believe this may also tempt some others back in.

However anyone wishing to pm me a sendspace link as at present may still do so. Only one participant has issues with downloading and I can deal with this as required.

I still have addresses on file but it might be an idea to pm me your full name and address in any case to ensure these are up to date.

2) One more month like this one and I'm done with organising. Yes I could introduce penalties and bans etc but really for an idea that is supposed to be a bit of fun on a forum amongst friends I fail to see why we cant get through with a bit of collective responsibility, consideration for others and self discipline.

For December, as at 16th January, two mixes remain undelivered. Also two mixes sent on December 18th remain unreviewed. This really is taking the piss. I know the days are long gone of wrapping up all reviews/reveals within a calendar month, but going forward surely a reasonable expectation is to send within 3 weeks, review within 2 and reveal within 1.And bearing this in mind, please do not even think about delaying posting on thread of receipt to buy yourself more review time, as this is absolutely the shittiest behaviour I can imagine, making someone else look bad and tardy in sending to cover up for your own indolence.

It would be remiss of me not to excuse two posters entirely from these accusations, NICK DANGER and WHODATHUNKIT have been exemplary in sending, reviewing and revealing in a timely manner. Thank you both.
We're way past rhubarb

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Important Announcement

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Jan 2016, 16:06

Fair enough Paul. I hold my hand up for being slack. I also much prefer receiving discs through the post, and I would be pleased if we reverted to that.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 16 Jan 2016, 16:20

Minnie the Minx wrote:Fair enough Paul. I hold my hand up for being slack. I also much prefer receiving discs through the post, and I would be pleased if we reverted to that.

I have no problems with your record to date Anna. You are FAR from the worst offender.
We're way past rhubarb

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 16 Jan 2016, 18:28

The Fish wrote:I have no problems with your record to date Anna. You are FAR from the worst offender.

That would be me. Sigh.

It is ONE of the reasons I removed myself from the next Mix thread. It seems I can't get anything done these days. Bit depressed and I don't even know why.

I WILL get my last mix out to you, Paul. Sorry, friends.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 16 Jan 2016, 19:45

You know I love ya you old Belgian bastard and none of this is personal, but I would rather anyone withdraw if they feel unable to work within the timeframes. I have to try and be fair to all.

Take care Yves and look after yourself. Maybe if you recover your mojo you'll be back in one day.

...and although you will find it hard to believe even you are FAR from the worst offender. That would be a tie between Griff and Corp Whore who I believe registered three times each and failed to produce a single disc or review.
We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 16 Jan 2016, 19:57

I would add that I'm not aiming to force anyone out. I'm just trying to make this work better for the benefit of everyone. Everyone's slate is wiped clean going forward. Just aim to meet the deadlines is all I ask.
We're way past rhubarb

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 16 Jan 2016, 20:30

I understand all that, Paul and, as you'll see, I already took myself off the list last Thursday.
I'm not up for it at the moment.
My mix has been ready for weeks, it's just a matter of burning the disc and popping it in the post.
Once I leave the house I'll do just that.
Hope to do that on Monday.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 17 Feb 2016, 11:25

I've been a bad mix clubber this last couple of months. I'm sorry, life just seems to get the better of me, and, although it's no excuse, it feels so much more of a faff (to me, I know others feel differently) to clear the tags and upload it than it is (again, just for me) to stick it ona disc and put it in the mail.

Of course, that's no excuse for not having reviewed a mix I was sent ages ago. That's just me being slack (and work, and life, and illness, and all the usual stjff everyone else also has to deal with). Apologies, proper ones too. Will sort asap.

Return to “Mix Club”