Postby The Fish » 08 Aug 2015, 12:55

Add or subtract yourself...

1. The Fish
2. Whodathunkit
3. The Shadow
4. TG
5. bhoywonder
6. T. Willy Rye
Last edited by The Fish on 09 Sep 2015, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
We're way past rhubarb

Nick Danger

Re: Mix Club - Sept 2015 - Next Sign Up

Postby Nick Danger » 09 Aug 2015, 14:54

1. The Fish
2. Whodathunkit
3. The Shadow
4. TG
5. bhoywonder
6. T. Willy Rye
7. Nick Danger

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 09 Aug 2015, 16:54

Excellent news. Welcome back.
We're way past rhubarb

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 19 Aug 2015, 18:47

1. The Fish
2. Whodathunkit
3. The Shadow
4. TG
5. bhoywonder
6. Nick Danger

Things are kinda hectic here.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Re: Mix Club - Sept 2015 - Progress etc

Postby The Fish » 09 Sep 2015, 21:55

Matches sent - get to it.

I mentioned in a couple of cases that it may seem you are getting a repeat of someone you mixed for quite recently. This is from necessity with so few. You won't get the same two months running but anything else is possible which should keep you on your toes.
We're way past rhubarb

TG

Postby TG » 12 Oct 2015, 13:26

Hey! We're almost halfway through October and we're supposed to have a November Mix Club and I haven't received a September mix yet. Put the last 12-15 songs you listened to in a playlist or use the method used by Whodathunkit and send a mix of artists who all have names that start with the same letter or try a whole mix of soul songs you doubt I've ever heard or put your IPod on random and send the first dozen or songs that show up.

The point is that this is not that difficult or time consuming. Just do it and let's move along to next month.

Please...???
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Oct 2015, 15:28

I'm finding it a total pain in the arse to delete the track info. I managed it on a friend's computer using a thing that Underwater suggested, but my computer is a work one, and they won't let me install that plugin. I just can't figure out a way of removing the track data without it removing it from my itunes as well. It's most frustrating and I don't really know what to do about it. Which is a shame, because i've made a cracking mix for my mixee, but can't send it. The modern world is really beginnign to get me down.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 12 Oct 2015, 15:46

bhoywonder wrote:I'm finding it a total pain in the arse to delete the track info. I managed it on a friend's computer using a thing that Underwater suggested, but my computer is a work one, and they won't let me install that plugin. I just can't figure out a way of removing the track data without it removing it from my itunes as well. It's most frustrating and I don't really know what to do about it. Which is a shame, because i've made a cracking mix for my mixee, but can't send it. The modern world is really beginnign to get me down.

I'm sure everyone would prefer a tagged mix to no mix. Anyway in the short term and to move this along. Upload mix as is and send me link in usual way and I'll detag it and reupload
We're way past rhubarb

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Oct 2015, 15:49

The Fish wrote:
bhoywonder wrote:I'm finding it a total pain in the arse to delete the track info. I managed it on a friend's computer using a thing that Underwater suggested, but my computer is a work one, and they won't let me install that plugin. I just can't figure out a way of removing the track data without it removing it from my itunes as well. It's most frustrating and I don't really know what to do about it. Which is a shame, because i've made a cracking mix for my mixee, but can't send it. The modern world is really beginnign to get me down.

I'm sure everyone would prefer a tagged mix to no mix. Anyway in the short term and to move this along. Upload mix as is and send me link in usual way and I'll detag it and reupload

Thanks Paul, will do. It really is a very good mix ;)

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 12 Oct 2015, 16:20

I've received and downloaded the mix that was sent to me.

However, it refuses to open. The pc even tells me there's no data in the download.

Would the person who did my mix be kind enough to try again?

Thank you so much!
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

TG

Postby TG » 12 Oct 2015, 16:30

I believe that if you make a mix and burn a CD (as though you were going to mail it to your recipient like we used to) and then use the CD to upload your mix that the info would be invisible to the recipient. I'll try it next month.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Oct 2015, 19:08

TG wrote:

I believe that if you make a mix and burn a CD (as though you were going to mail it to your recipient like we used to) and then use the CD to upload your mix that the info would be invisible to the recipient. I'll try it next month.

On my computer, it remembers the info. For that to work, I need to burn it on one computer, and then use another computer to upload it. Which isn't a hugely practical solution, although not impossible. (It's compounded by my computer not having a CD drive, so I also need to borrow a CD drive to burn the disc). I'm sure the problem is entirely down to me being a bit useless with computers these days. I'm having similar problems with photos.

TG

Postby TG » 12 Oct 2015, 21:07

bhoywonder wrote:
TG wrote:

On my computer, it remembers the info. For that to work, I need to burn it on one computer, and then use another computer to upload it. Which isn't a hugely practical solution, although not impossible. (It's compounded by my computer not having a CD drive, so I also need to borrow a CD drive to burn the disc). I'm sure the problem is entirely down to me being a bit useless with computers these days. I'm having similar problems with photos.

It remembers it on your computer because that's where the info is (or something). It wouldn't (I don't think) transfer that memory to my computer. I, of course, am also a bit useless with computers so may well be completely wrong. And not having a CD drive makes the point moot anyway.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 13 Oct 2015, 08:36

TG wrote:
bhoywonder wrote:
TG wrote:

It remembers it on your computer because that's where the info is (or something). It wouldn't (I don't think) transfer that memory to my computer. I, of course, am also a bit useless with computers so may well be completely wrong. And not having a CD drive makes the point moot anyway.

I'll try that method next time, see if it works. Thanks!

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 29 Oct 2015, 18:01

I appreciate that I'm in no position to get overly sanctimonious, having only just posted my review. However this is September's mix and the end of OCTOBER is fast approaching. any chance the two remaining reviewers could scrape into the one month rather than two months late deadline ?
We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 29 Oct 2015, 18:08

In answer to Bhoy and TG above....

Burning to CD will not in itself fix the issue. What I do and what I am suggesting is to rerip the music from the CD to your hard drive. At this point it all depends on how you rip CDs as you will need to overwrite the retrieved track info. This is easy on WIndows with Media PLayer as you can right click on any track title, artist etc and select edit. If you don't have this ability then you are back to square one. Itunes will I believe always attempt to tag so you need a method that allows you to overwrite this. i.e the key is to remove the tagging at the file creation stage rather than attempt to remove it later
We're way past rhubarb

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 30 Oct 2015, 08:42

Walk In My Shadow wrote:I've received and downloaded the mix that was sent to me.

However, it refuses to open. The pc even tells me there's no data in the download.

Would the person who did my mix be kind enough to try again?

Thank you so much!

Hello! Is this thing on?

Nobody reads this?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 30 Oct 2015, 10:07

How many more times must I say this.

THE LINKS EXPIRE AFTER 30 DAYS INACTIVITY. DOWNLOAD THE MIX WHEN YOU ARE SENT THE LINK. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REVIEW IT OR EVEN PLAY IT STRAIGHT AWAY. BY NOT DOING THIS YOU ARE OUTING YOURSELF AS DOING BUGGER ALL FOR A MONTH, WHEN THE EXPECTED TIMESCALE IS TO SEND, REVIEW AND REVEAL WITHIN THAT TIMESCALE. GIVEN THE LIMITED NUMBERS I DO NOT WANT TO START BANNING BUT IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN I WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER IF IT IS WORTH THE AGGRAVATION OF CONTINUING ORGANISING THIS
We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 30 Oct 2015, 10:13

Apologies to Yves as I've just noticed the date of his original post which I missed. A pm to me would have been the preferable action to ensure a result. In fact that link IS still live (I've just downloaded it) so I'm wondering if you went to a pm for a previous mix by mistake.
We're way past rhubarb

Return to “Mix Club”