bhoywonder wrote:...this whole business of remove the track data is something I've as yet to figure out on my Mac.
This is how a guy at Apple taught me to do it. It's a bit convoluted but works for the most part. It does seem that if you have album art that it will sneak through and tell the recipient more than you might want him/her to know. Anyway, this is how I do it. There may be easier ways but I've managed to make this work and you may, as well.
1) Right click on your desk top and create a new folder.
2) Name the folder (i.e. - BCB Mix Club/recipient's name)
3) Drag the songs you want into the folder.
4) Open the folder
5) Right click on a song.
6) Click on "Get Info"
7) Change the name in the "Name and Extension" window (Track 1,2,3, etc.) - Do Not Change The Extension (mp3 or mp4 or whatever it is)
8) You can move it into its own playlist in ITunes if you desire or simply use that desktop folder as the link to SendSpace.
That should do it. It changes titles, etc. in that folder only. It won't mess up your ITunes info.
I hope this helps. If not (if I left out a step or something) let me know, but I'm pretty sure that this should do it.
EDIT - I did leave out a step. When done you need to go to File section of the Toolbar and choose "Compress" to create a Zip file. Honestly, though, I think I've not done this and the files got to their destination just fine.