December 2013 reviews

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
Duncan

Re: December 2013 reviews

Postby Duncan » 06 Mar 2014, 10:53

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Really sorry to be this late with the review but a mislaid disc and bronchitis after that are the main reasons. Really great mix with the usual soul/funk contents but this time I’m unfamiliar with most of the acts.
01. Funky diva with some funk lite. Off to a good start.
02. More of this but at first I thought this was a man. But it’s not. Two for two on the funk/disco front.
03. We take it down a step with a slow intro that was stolen by the Wu Tang. Can’t remember for what song though. Slow, close harmony.
04. Now here it gets interesting. Another slow tune (and another deep voice!). My favorite of the disc. “A child of the king” but who is it? It sounds old but somehow I don’t feel it is. Very curious for the reveal.
05. Ah. Here’s one I do know. Odetta and what is it with all these deep female voices? Good choice.
06. Two in a row! The Barrino Brothers, I love ‘em! But I’m still looking for a decent cd of theirs.
07. A little mid tempo gospel-y song. Perfect for the half way point of the mix.
08. Sock it to me! Not James Brown but a solid groover.
09. Is that a sitar I’m hearing? Good tune but a bit out of place on this disc.
10. Soul man Howard Tate. I’ve got this and have played it recently. The only reason why I know who this is.
11. We’ve picked up the tempo since number 8 and the beat goes on. No idea who (again).
12. Close harmony slow song. Love this one too. Who?
13. Slow electric blues with solid lead guitar. A white ass perhaps?
14. The best for last? No that was number 4. Piano led slow gospel tune. Fave no.2.
A very satisfying listening experience, dear mixer. Be sure of that.
And curious who all the artists are because I only recognized about three.
Thank you!

How do. Sorry, only just noticed this review. Glad you liked it. I'll sort you out with a reveal when I back in front of my iTunes this evening. Cheers.
Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb...

Duncan

Postby Duncan » 06 Mar 2014, 10:54

Whoops, double post.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 20 May 2014, 16:48

Sgt Pepper wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:Really sorry to be this late with the review but a mislaid disc and bronchitis after that are the main reasons. Really great mix with the usual soul/funk contents but this time I’m unfamiliar with most of the acts.
01. Funky diva with some funk lite. Off to a good start.
02. More of this but at first I thought this was a man. But it’s not. Two for two on the funk/disco front.
03. We take it down a step with a slow intro that was stolen by the Wu Tang. Can’t remember for what song though. Slow, close harmony.
04. Now here it gets interesting. Another slow tune (and another deep voice!). My favorite of the disc. “A child of the king” but who is it? It sounds old but somehow I don’t feel it is. Very curious for the reveal.
05. Ah. Here’s one I do know. Odetta and what is it with all these deep female voices? Good choice.
06. Two in a row! The Barrino Brothers, I love ‘em! But I’m still looking for a decent cd of theirs.
07. A little mid tempo gospel-y song. Perfect for the half way point of the mix.
08. Sock it to me! Not James Brown but a solid groover.
09. Is that a sitar I’m hearing? Good tune but a bit out of place on this disc.
10. Soul man Howard Tate. I’ve got this and have played it recently. The only reason why I know who this is.
11. We’ve picked up the tempo since number 8 and the beat goes on. No idea who (again).
12. Close harmony slow song. Love this one too. Who?
13. Slow electric blues with solid lead guitar. A white ass perhaps?
14. The best for last? No that was number 4. Piano led slow gospel tune. Fave no.2.
A very satisfying listening experience, dear mixer. Be sure of that.
And curious who all the artists are because I only recognized about three.
Thank you!

How do. Sorry, only just noticed this review. Glad you liked it. I'll sort you out with a reveal when I back in front of my iTunes this evening. Cheers.

You still owe me that reveal..... ;)
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Duncan

Postby Duncan » 21 May 2014, 09:20

Blimey, so I do. Oops. I'll have I look when I get home tonight.

Return to “Mix Club”