Is getting Diamond Dogged the new getting Slooped?

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
TG

Is getting Diamond Dogged the new getting Slooped?

Postby TG » 09 Apr 2012, 19:03

If I'm wrong about any of this then I will apologize profusely. Has it been three months since the illustrious Mr. Pete Diamond Dog rejoined our little group here? II know I'm waiting for a review and, if I'm not mistaken there has been nary a review or reveal in those three months. C'mon Pete, three months?

I propose we rename getting Slooped. I don't believe Mr. John C. ever Slooped anyone for three months running. It seems timely and appropriate.

And lest anyone wonder, let me just add - :D & :) & ;) & :lol: & any other smilies I might need to convey that I'm just having a laugh.

P.S. - But still - three months?

P.P.S. - I hope I'm not wrong so I don't have to apologize. :lol:
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

whodathunkit

Re: Is getting Diamond Dogged the new getting Slooped?

Postby whodathunkit » 10 Apr 2012, 09:25

Being pedantic (and why not?),the term "slooped" was coined in the early days of mix-club for not receiving a disc - something which kept happening to John at that time.He was the victim - the "slooped" rather than the "sloopee". I don't think we've ever had a genial expression for not having your disc reviewed - possibly because it's such a cunt's trick . Nobody's expecting a five-page Lester Bangs/Nick Kent-style blockbuster. Just a few lines. Or even, perish the thought, an apology. Somebody took a few hours to put a mix together, even perhaps gave some thought to you and your musical tastes and then sent it to you at an ever-increasing postal cost (an irony there considering the current offender). And you treat them like a schmuck!

I have had 5 non-reviews in the four years I've been in this thing so it's not a big problem. Three of the people concerned are on the May sign-up list. I sometimes wonder if they think the honour of having their names on the list should be enough for us, like an endorsement, and that they don't actually have to do anything.

Sort 'em out please Paul.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 10 Apr 2012, 12:09

For the record I am and have been "on the case". I had already decided to remove Pete from February due to the lack of any evidence of having sent or received for January.

Pete pm'd me at about the same time stating difficulties with burning and agreed to drop out for February but return for March. He did state that he would set about reviewing. Having met up with him last Saturday, he assured me he would be reviewing January and March (in that order) this week.

He has sent a disc for March (I say sent, he actually handed it to me, his recipient, on Saturday), although the burning problems would seem to persist as the disc is formatted as some strange hybrid of an audio and data disc, with the music being in wav (rather than MP3) files but each in a subfolder of album title within a flder of artist initials. I did say that I would find it hard to recreate that format if I tried.

Anyway, assumimg he gets to review those outstanding and manages to get round burning issues and send a disc for April, then he starts with a clean slate. I would of course expect him to advise me of any delay and remove himself from May if he is still unable to produce a standard CD format disc.

Although it should be the case that discs are sent and reviewed before the end of the month, there are increasing instances of both creeping into the following month, so at the point I send the matches out, I can't really be sure if anyone is simply not bothering or just being tardy, in order to apply sanctions. The unfortunate by product of this is that if the former, then two more people get pissed about for the following month.

Rest assured that two months worth of non sending/receiving without any pm to advise me of any issues/delays will result in removal. One other participant is thus "on notice".
We're way past rhubarb

TG

Postby TG » 10 Apr 2012, 15:30

whodathunkit wrote:Being pedantic (and why not?),the term "slooped" was coined in the early days of mix-club for not receiving a disc - something which kept happening to John at that time.He was the victim - the "slooped" rather than the "sloopee".

My apologies to Mr. John C. I guess I misunderstood how the term originated and what it actually meant. So I was "slooped" a couple of months back when Mychael up and left us. Whaddayaknow?
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Return to “Mix Club”