Mix Club Recruitment Drive

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
beenieman

Mix Club Recruitment Drive

Postby beenieman » 30 May 2011, 01:34

We're down to 16 members this month. While anything over 3 is sustainable, and over 12 works OK, that is a new low.

In order to boost numbers how about each of us send a disc this month, alongside our regular disc, to someone who is not in Mix Club, either never or absent for a while. Include with a disc a copy of, or link to, the gyuidelines for reviewing and invite them to review & sign up next month?

Reviews can be posted here.

Choose someone you think might be interested in getting involved and aim at trying to please with the disc you send.
One night, an evil spirit held me down
I could not make one single sound
Jah told me, 'Son, use the word'
And now I'm as free as a bird

TG

Re: Mix Club Recruitment Drive

Postby TG » 30 May 2011, 15:41

I wouldn't know where to start with attempting this. I don't have addresses to begin with. And I'm not sure about inviting someone into this party. It moves at a snail's pace. For May we had 19 members involved and here we are on the 30th with 7 reviews and 4 reveals posted. I realize we are all adults and busy but this doesn't exactly take weeks to accomplish.

Anyway, I find it a little frustrating.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

packrat

Postby packrat » 30 May 2011, 17:49

I enjoyed the idea of the mix club far more than the actual participating.

Apart from discs just not sent, or responded to, there were a few more issues for me.

I think the primary problem is that I am just too thin-skinned to have a compilation I spent time on creating having the shit ripped out of it for someone to feel clever for a minute. I don't mind constructive criticism, genuinely funny comments or even plain statements of fact such as 'not for me', but a lot of what I got felt a little too directed.

You will probably find that this is a big part of the lack of respondents, alongside the slow responses and erratic posters.
the rat is back - more or less!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 May 2011, 18:03

This might get a better response posted in NDL or YY.

I think it would be fabulous to get some new blood on board.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 30 May 2011, 20:21

Minnie the Minx wrote:This might get a better response posted in NDL or YY.

I think it would be fabulous to get some new blood on board.

The idea was to get the converted to go out and preach to the converted by their actions. I thought putting the begging bowl out on NDL or YY would not be as positive as the pay it forward thing.

We could do both though :D

TG wrote:I wouldn't know where to start with attempting this. I don't have addresses to begin with. And I'm not sure about inviting someone into this party. It moves at a snail's pace. For May we had 19 members involved and here we are on the 30th with 7 reviews and 4 reveals posted. I realize we are all adults and busy but this doesn't exactly take weeks to accomplish.

Anyway, I find it a little frustrating.

There's an member address list. pm me if you want a copy.

You're right though that the party's kind of slow these days. It's hard to pin down why that is.

The concept of Mix Club is great. We came together becauser of a shared interest in music. Many of us are now friends. Let's share music. It should be a sure fire winner right? Not sure why it's so slow or why there's just 16 out of several hundred candidates involved.

packrat wrote:I enjoyed the idea of the mix club far more than the actual participating.

Apart from discs just not sent, or responded to, there were a few more issues for me.

I think the primary problem is that I am just too thin-skinned to have a compilation I spent time on creating having the shit ripped out of it for someone to feel clever for a minute. I don't mind constructive criticism, genuinely funny comments or even plain statements of fact such as 'not for me', but a lot of what I got felt a little too directed.

You will probably find that this is a big part of the lack of respondents, alongside the slow responses and erratic posters.

Agreed. It's one thing to say it's not for you but when people practice their stand up act and give witherng reviews just to show off or don't review at all it is dispiriting.

I pick myself up and move on but there have been a few months when the feedback's made me want to chuck it all in.

And yeah if you're in then be in. Don't muck everyone up by dropping out after you've signed up. I've been stiffed once (Corporate Profile) and not reviewed three times (Bob Loblaw, Brilleaux & Sweet Black Angel). It still hurts.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 May 2011, 20:37

I'm happy to do the PR.

Leave it with me while I have me tea.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 31 May 2011, 09:04

Is there an argument to make it every other month? Personally I drop in and out as I don't often have the time or the inclination to do a mix every month.

whodathunkit

Postby whodathunkit » 31 May 2011, 09:35

Jumper k wrote:Is there an argument to make it every other month?

No.

:D

I don't see any problem with folks dropping in and out. I'm glad that people have that sort of foresight instead of signing up to something they can't deliver.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 31 May 2011, 10:27

whodathunkit wrote:

No.

I don't see any problem with folks dropping in and out. I'm glad that people have that sort of foresight instead of signing up to something they can't deliver.

Agreed. If you only want to do it 6 times a year you can but monthly is logical. It's June tomorrow. Pairings out soon?

Uncle Spellbinder
My Spine Is The Bassline

Postby Uncle Spellbinder » 01 Jun 2011, 05:59

Minnie the Minx wrote:I think it would be fabulous to get some new blood on board.

And you have. Hope I get the hang of this.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” - Frank Zappa

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 01 Jun 2011, 07:02

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I think it would be fabulous to get some new blood on board.

And you have. Hope I get the hang of this.

RESULT!

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 01 Jun 2011, 09:17

beenieman wrote:
whodathunkit wrote:

No.

Agreed. If you only want to do it 6 times a year you can but monthly is logical. It's June tomorrow. Pairings out soon?

Agreed. That K Balls feller is a stirrer.

Return to “Mix Club”