Now Watching on TV

..and why not?
PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Now Watching on TV

Postby PENK » 04 Dec 2018, 19:09

GoogaMooga wrote:SPECIAL TREAT TONITE: Every so often, our sole public service arts channel, drk, will go out of its way to dig up something cool and obscure. Such a night on drk will typically be boring WWII dox, then movies, - the later at night, the better they get. So tomorrow morning, at the ungodly hour of 4:15 AM, if I'm awake, I will be rewarded with Damiano Damiani's 1971 mafia film, "Confessions of a Police Captain". A rare treat, after so many repeats of "Django" as their token Italian cult alibi. Before that, they are also showing "Death in Venice", so the wait won't feel too long. I suppose I should thank drk, but unfortunatlely, we are going to lose that channel due to cutbacks. That leaves us with dr2 as the sole channel with high standards, wonder if the cult pix will travel over there...

They did a whole series of those Googa. You might be interested in seeing the follow-up:

GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 04 Dec 2018, 19:42

Going through season 1 of 'Star Trek: Discovery' now. I'm enjoying it. I like that it features interesting science fiction concepts as well as being a fairly intense drama. Downsides: the usual problem of pre-OS Trek looking more advanced than OS, Klingons are still dumb (and superstitious!) space vikings, and even uglier than ever.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 04 Dec 2018, 21:48

PENK wrote:
They did a whole series of those Googa. You might be interested in seeing the follow-up:

Carry on up the Khyber!
1966 and all that