Now Watching on TV

..and why not?
caramba

Re: Now Watching on TV

Postby caramba » 12 Jul 2018, 12:58

ORORORO wrote:
gash on ignore wrote:The second episode of the amiable, gentle and low-key Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing.

:lol:

Tried with this and gave up - just too derivative and not funny encough for my tastes

Sort of poor man's The Trip with a bit of Detectorists-style whimsy chucked in.

ORORORO
hounds people off the board

Postby ORORORO » 12 Jul 2018, 16:25

Last night's was pretty weak. Not sure I'll bother again.
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 13 Jul 2018, 13:26

Highly recommend The Adventurers of Modern Art, a 6-part series that was shown on Sky Arts but seems to be readily available elsewhere as well.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme ... ode-guide/

I'm in some awe at how much work has gone into creating this programme, which reflects on the development of various artistic communities in Paris in the early 20th century (with Picasso as sort of a focal point but huge detours into the stories of Apollinaire, Soutine, Kiki, Cocteau, Modigliani, Braque, Man Ray and so many more). It's really quite a artistic achievement in its own right in how it skilfully and tactfully blends footage and photography from the time with incredibly beautiful, carefully developed animation - very often quite literally making a photograph come alive to help the narrative along. The animation itself, and the selection of footage and photography, is a wonder in itself. Whoever created this (it seems to have been developed by French TV first and then translated) really deserves some serious recognition/rewards. Incredible - if exhausting - to watch for anyone with even a vague interest in modern art.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON