Breaking Bad

..and why not?
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Loki » 02 Oct 2013, 22:18

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Oct 2013, 17:28

For s show so fixated on details there's an odd continuity error in the finale. Walt's hair & beard in the majority of scenes do not match the look he had in that first flash forward we saw a year ago, where he goes to Dennys to get that big gun. They only go back to that scene for a few seconds but it's immediately obvious. I wonder why they didn't just re-shoot that couple of seconds with the waitress... maybe they didn't notice till in the editing room.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 Oct 2013, 22:36

Sales of Badfinger's 'Baby Blue' have jumped 2981 percent since the finale.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/02/breaking-bads-final-scene-boosts-sales-for-1970s-band-badfinger/
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Oct 2013, 22:53

Too bad there's hardly anyone left to be proud of that.

I hope some people picked up Marty Robbins albums too.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Postby ... » 04 Oct 2013, 08:19

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Sales of Badfinger's 'Baby Blue' have jumped 2981 percent since the finale.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/02/breaking-bads-final-scene-boosts-sales-for-1970s-band-badfinger/

2,981% of what though? Percentages are totally meaningless without some kind of context...

Postby ... » 04 Oct 2013, 09:45

Vince Gilligan talks about abandoned plot developments and alternative endings

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad ... t-season-5

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 04 Oct 2013, 09:50

In hindsight, i thought Walt and Jessie could have had it out more at the end about their relationship or what happened.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 04 Oct 2013, 09:53

There hadn't been any kind of conversation between those two for a long time, after all the business with the money bags anyway.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 04 Oct 2013, 10:02

'at' wrote:There hadn't been any kind of conversation between those two for a long time, after all the business with the money bags anyway.

I know, that kinda makes me think they needed to say a bit more than Jessie making up his own mind for a change at the end.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Oct 2013, 21:13

What do you say to the guy that sold you into slavery to Nazis but then saved you from it after having a change of heart?

"Thanks"?

I liked the way they handled that exchange.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Oct 2013, 21:18

Well there was may more incidents than that, i just think a little more could have been said.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Oct 2013, 21:51

I'm heartily pissed off that I can never watch this series because I already know too much about it without intentionally trying to find out.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 06 Oct 2013, 02:03

You shouldn't let that stop you.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Oct 2013, 00:18

Loki wrote:You shouldn't let that stop you.

Oh I agree. I started watching this show when the 4th season had just started, and was watching new episodes while catching up with the first ones. I knew that Walt and Jesse and most of the others were still alive for Season 3, while watching the tense Season 1 episodes. It didn't make it any less gripping when one of them was about to fall off a cliff.

Here's the thing about Breaking Bad. This final season started with a flash forward from a year in the future. We KNEW a good amount about how things were going to play out before figuring out how we'd get there. And yet nobody complains that those flash forwards spoiled any surprises for them. It's the trip from here to there that makes it worthwhile.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 11 Oct 2013, 00:05

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Oct 2013, 20:51

Some nice possible screen savers here i think.

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/breaking-bad-behind-the-scenes-slideshow/

morganspacehorse

Postby morganspacehorse » 27 Dec 2013, 07:53

I'm only on season 2 at the moment, a couple episodes to go, so I haven't read all of this thread incase I see any spoilers... But anyway, it really is every bit as good as I hoped it would be! Out of all the episodes I've seen so far I think there's only been maybe one that was less than great.

And Bryan Cranson's amazing too, the last episode I watched was the one where he's franticly gathering up the meth to take to Gus, when Skyler texts him to say the baby's coming. In that moment when he reads the text his face goes through about 4 different expressions in 1 second, the happiness & excitement, then realising where he is, what he's doing & the decision he has to make... & then without saying a word you see what the decision will be... great stuff.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Jan 2014, 21:15

After watching three or four seasons I hit a wall and decided I couldn't watch anymore but it ended up being about a year long pause and I returned. I "think" I just finished the fifth season which means I have one more, correct? I've managed to avoid most of the spoilers by not letting my eyes focus too much on individual posts if they looked like they might contain info I didn't want to see. It is/was a good show but I had some occasional cognitive dissonance due to the subject matter I guess although strangely I didn't feel the same way about The Wire. :?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 03 Jan 2014, 17:01

Six String wrote:After watching three or four seasons I hit a wall and decided I couldn't watch anymore but it ended up being about a year long pause and I returned. I "think" I just finished the fifth season which means I have one more, correct? I've managed to avoid most of the spoilers by not letting my eyes focus too much on individual posts if they looked like they might contain info I didn't want to see. It is/was a good show but I had some occasional cognitive dissonance due to the subject matter I guess although strangely I didn't feel the same way about The Wire. :?

Season 5 was a two parter. The first half ended with Hank in the bathroom. If you saw that one, you have 8 pretty intense episodes to go.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 04 Jan 2014, 06:30

Just binged on the last season and it was compelling, to say the least. My biggest beef is the cluelessness of the brother-in-law.
Question authority.

Return to “Screenadelica”