Return of the RECENT VIEWING

..and why not?
Jimbly

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Jimbly » 01 Sep 2020, 14:41

Jumper K wrote:Tenet. It looks great, the story is lighter than an Angel Delight and the whole thing is a miss-mash of crackpot pseudo sci-fi bollocks. I enjoyed the experience but the film is no great shakes. It was good to go the cinema again though. The social distancing works and I've a load of ideas around popcorn administration involving hoovers and gas masks.

Pretty much what I thought. Usual Nolan, emperor's new clothes.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 01 Sep 2020, 18:45

Jimbly wrote:
Jumper K wrote:Tenet. It looks great, the story is lighter than an Angel Delight and the whole thing is a miss-mash of crackpot pseudo sci-fi bollocks. I enjoyed the experience but the film is no great shakes. It was good to go the cinema again though. The social distancing works and I've a load of ideas around popcorn administration involving hoovers and gas masks.

Pretty much what I thought. Usual Nolan, emperor's new clothes.

I agree Jim. I think the only film of his I've watched more than once is Memento, as I thought it was genuinely something different. Although I like Dunkirk.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 01 Sep 2020, 19:39

Samoan wrote:Disobedience (2017)

Fascinating film about a woman returning from New York to her strict Orthodox Jewish home and community in North West London, following her prominent Rabbi father's death. To say she was made welcome would be a massive understatement as she'd long been shunned by them all for her younger errant ways.

That looks alot like
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 01 Sep 2020, 19:55

Geezee wrote:
Samoan wrote:Disobedience (2017)

Fascinating film about a woman returning from New York to her strict Orthodox Jewish home and community in North West London, following her prominent Rabbi father's death. To say she was made welcome would be a massive understatement as she'd long been shunned by them all for her younger errant ways.

That looks alot like

kinda :)

Anyway, it's still available on the Channel 4 hub, 9 days left.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

jimboo wrote:At the age of 57 I had my first pickled egg.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Sep 2020, 04:25

Vivarium (2020)

A young couple looking for their first home are lured to a suburban community, and soon realize that they are alone there and cannot leave. Things get increasingly stranger from there. 'Vivarium' is creepy, has an intriguing premise, and features some striking visuals that stick with you after viewing.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?