Curb Your Enthusiasm

..and why not?
Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 30 Nov 2009, 11:28

Rocky Bronzino wrote:The scene with Larry and the black swan was crazy!


I'm going to give it a couple of weeks, and then watch them all again - maybe leaving out the first and last episodes. I think the one you're referring to there was my favourite of the season.

Lemon Yoghourt
Posts: 6625
Joined: 28 May 2008, 13:40

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 30 Nov 2009, 11:33

Sir John Coan wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:The scene with Larry and the black swan was crazy!


I'm going to give it a couple of weeks, and then watch them all again - maybe leaving out the first and last episodes. I think the one you're referring to there was my favourite of the season.


This was the one mostly set on the golf course. Larry's dad and cousin were in it, they're great characters.
My favoruite of the series has been the blow job while driving episode.

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 30 Nov 2009, 11:44

Rocky Bronzino wrote:
Sir John Coan wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:The scene with Larry and the black swan was crazy!


I'm going to give it a couple of weeks, and then watch them all again - maybe leaving out the first and last episodes. I think the one you're referring to there was my favourite of the season.


This was the one mostly set on the golf course. Larry's dad and cousin were in it, they're great characters.


I wish we'd have seen more of them. His dad in particular is a hilarious character. The earlier episode where he gets stoned is pure class.

He's an old pro - I believe LD wanted him in the show but insisted he lose the toupee (which he always wears)!

My favoruite of the series has been the blow job while driving episode.


Yes!

What a show. Not much really compares - Father Ted excepted.

I hope we don't have to wait two years until he makes another season - but he might not even make another season...

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 26175
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby toomanyhatz » 23 Jan 2010, 19:42

Bump, as pillowz and I are starting to work our way through these, having seen it for the first time earlier this year while on vacation (we don't get HBO at home). We're on season two, and so far my favorite episode is the one where his house is TP'd and he's called a self-hating Jew. It's the only one so far in which I feel sorry for him, as he's in the right for most of it. And I love the delicious revenge he gets on the guy and his daughter at the end. Definitely looking forward to catching up with all of these.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 23 Jan 2010, 23:20

toomanyhatz wrote:Bump, as pillowz and I are starting to work our way through these, having seen it for the first time earlier this year while on vacation (we don't get HBO at home). We're on season two, and so far my favorite episode is the one where his house is TP'd and he's called a self-hating Jew. It's the only one so far in which I feel sorry for him, as he's in the right for most of it. And I love the delicious revenge he gets on the guy and his daughter at the end. Definitely looking forward to catching up with all of these.


Good man! Lots of comic joys await!

User avatar
Always Positive
Posts: 893
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 10:20
Location: A very quiet soothing place!

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Always Positive » 23 Jan 2010, 23:31

Just watched it intensely for first time today & thought it was fuckin funny, brilliant & good ............ way hay :lol:
Music, Positivity & the Passion to travel the world will take you everywhere you need to go in Life!
I am mad as a bag of frog's!
I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left!

Piggly Wiggly

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Piggly Wiggly » 28 Jan 2010, 02:22

Tommy Outback wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Bump, as pillowz and I are starting to work our way through these, having seen it for the first time earlier this year while on vacation (we don't get HBO at home). We're on season two, and so far my favorite episode is the one where his house is TP'd and he's called a self-hating Jew. It's the only one so far in which I feel sorry for him, as he's in the right for most of it. And I love the delicious revenge he gets on the guy and his daughter at the end. Definitely looking forward to catching up with all of these.


Good man! Lots of comic joys await!


Wait til they get to Season Three.

Larry David's "Pepper"?

Lemon Yoghourt
Posts: 6625
Joined: 28 May 2008, 13:40

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 28 Jan 2010, 10:47

Sir John San Juan And His Old Lady wrote:
Tommy Outback wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Bump, as pillowz and I are starting to work our way through these, having seen it for the first time earlier this year while on vacation (we don't get HBO at home). We're on season two, and so far my favorite episode is the one where his house is TP'd and he's called a self-hating Jew. It's the only one so far in which I feel sorry for him, as he's in the right for most of it. And I love the delicious revenge he gets on the guy and his daughter at the end. Definitely looking forward to catching up with all of these.


Good man! Lots of comic joys await!


Wait til they get to Season Three.

Larry David's "Pepper"?


and the baldness politics!

User avatar
B
Posts: 9166
Joined: 25 Aug 2003, 06:22
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby B » 30 Jan 2010, 02:29

Image

Motherfucker, what the fuck!?!?

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 14 Mar 2010, 02:48

Apparently he's already started writing for an eighth season.

Long may the fucker run.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 26175
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Mar 2010, 06:01

We just watched the "Beloved Aunt" episode.

Sometimes you really do feel sorry for Larry.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 15115
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby bobzilla77 » 20 May 2010, 20:51

I just got a thingy in the mail announcing that TV Guide Network is going to start showing reruns of Curb for those who have cable but not HBO. They're showing the complete episodes (edited for language) and filling them out to a 1-hour time slot by adding on a 15-minute "discussion forum" hosted by Susie Essman (who plays Jeff Garlin's wife on the show).

One of the screener episodes included is "Beloved Aunt". I can't wait to see how it works with the c-word removed.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Jan 2011, 20:55

can't believe i missed this!

the funniest thing i've seen. brilliant.

leon's face at 0.18 just killed me :lol:


Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Jan 2011, 20:59

solarskope wrote:can't believe i missed this!

the funniest thing i've seen. brilliant.


:D

What have you seen, Adam?

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Jan 2011, 21:05

The Science Eel wrote:
solarskope wrote:can't believe i missed this!

the funniest thing i've seen. brilliant.


:D

What have you seen, Adam?


i got the 1-7 box.

there's just too much to pick out.

i don't know. when larry was confronted with an ass fetish gave me a belly laugh. the 'handicapped toilet'. it's just all great. :D

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Jan 2011, 21:10

It is, isn't it?

My fave might be the one with the doll head. Or the 'freak book'. Or the black swan/golf club in the 7th season.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15114
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34
Location: Canadia

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Loki » 16 Jan 2011, 07:10

I haven't seen alot of it, but what I have seen is pretty funny. One particular episode - not sure which season - was one about....*ahem*....people getting blow jobs while they're driving?! There's a scene in a restaurant where Larry's talking to Jeff, and wondering why they call it a 'job'. Jeff explains, then says 'I wouldn't want to do it!' Larry ponders and says "You're right - it IS a job! No wonder they don't like it!'

I paraphrase, but it was pretty fricking funny.
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30446
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Jan 2011, 19:07

The Science Eel wrote:It is, isn't it?

My fave might be the one with the doll head. Or the 'freak book'. Or the black swan/golf club in the 7th season.


The doll heads episode is a peak, for sure. Sublime.
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

Lemon Yoghourt
Posts: 6625
Joined: 28 May 2008, 13:40

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 17 Jan 2011, 21:24

Loki wrote:I haven't seen alot of it, but what I have seen is pretty funny. One particular episode - not sure which season - was one about....*ahem*....people getting blow jobs while they're driving?! There's a scene in a restaurant where Larry's talking to Jeff, and wondering why they call it a 'job'. Jeff explains, then says 'I wouldn't want to do it!' Larry ponders and says "You're right - it IS a job! No wonder they don't like it!'

I paraphrase, but it was pretty fricking funny.


That is one of my favourite episodes. Its from the seventh series.