Cheap Chinese dvd's on ebay

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Cheap Chinese dvd's on ebay

Postby Goat Boy » 30 Mar 2007, 13:20

Anybody who uses ebay has probably seen these dvd’s. The complete works of Tarkovsky or Fassbinder for about 15quid etc. I have a Kill Bill dvd from China which is fake but the quality is superb and you would never know the difference. Are they all like this though? Should I or shouldnt I?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Andrei-Tarkov ... dZViewItem
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

James R
the grocer of despair

Postby James R » 31 Mar 2007, 09:10

If they've been pirated in Hong Kong directly from official DVDs, the quality should be the same as that of the original discs. I've got a few such pirated discs and the differences generally amount to these:

* No booklets (although in Criterion's case, the booklet texts are all online anyway).
* Addition of a Chinese subtitle stream and Chinese writing on DVD case (usually poor transcription of English text as well).
* If there's a bonus features disc, that's not always included.
* Kind of crap packaging.

Otherwise, the quality of the discs is the same as whatever the original official editions were. Actual Chinese region 6 discs, however, probably are a different matter. Only ever seen a few of those for sale and don't know what the quality is like; if the packaging is even remotely indicative, I'd say it's probably crap.
pcqgod wrote:I like how Liebling progresses from a rotting, animated corpse living in his parents' basement to a slightly more life-affirming walking corpse by the end of the movie.

Goat Boy wrote:I recall a midget with large tits dancing.

Return to “Screenadelica”