Just plain ripping off

..and why not?
atomic loonybin
ready for the house

Just plain ripping off

Postby atomic loonybin » 22 Feb 2007, 21:43

There's a current advert for Flora, I think, where the schtick is that you should look after your heart. The advert consists only of a shot of a jogger from behind, hood up, running through a wood. That's all.

This has driven me mad for a few days because I have seen this shot before. Finally I worked it out - it's an exact note for note rip off of the opening scene of Birth, a Nicole Kidman film a couple of years ago. Ironically, or not, that scene ends with the camera following the jogger into an underpass, from where he does not emerge - he's died of a heart attack.

Just wanted to share, but this is so blatent, it's irritating. One wonders if Birth will get any credit.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 22 Feb 2007, 22:05

I know that ad, I actually thought it was Silence of the Lambs they were doing a take on. Havent seen Birth.

jimjim

Postby jimjim » 22 Feb 2007, 22:26

Tactful Cactus wrote:I know that ad, I actually thought it was Silence of the Lambs they were doing a take on. Havent seen Birth.

Very odd movie. Creepy and disturbing re the peado-angle to it. Not bad though. :shock:

If it's me and yer granny on bongos, it's still The Fall

marios

Postby marios » 26 Feb 2007, 10:16

The direction/cinematography in Birth is very good. Haven't seen the Flora ad, but i imagine it must be quite similar the way you describe it.

Return to “Screenadelica”