Kin - BBC 1

..and why not?
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 11267
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Kin - BBC 1

Postby robertff » 19 Nov 2023, 19:46

Fairly nasty but completely riveting and compelling gangster series set in Dublin.

Started watching it last night, already on the third episode, little bit too nasty for my wife though she couldn't watch one scene.



.

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12360
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby ChrisB » 21 Nov 2023, 20:34

Oh yes, right up our street. Great cast, compelling viewing. Your wife finds some scenes too nasty? My wife pauses and replays them until she's bored. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not .... :o

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 11267
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby robertff » 22 Nov 2023, 14:12

ChrisB wrote:Oh yes, right up our street. Great cast, compelling viewing. Your wife finds some scenes too nasty? My wife pauses and replays them until she's bored. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not .... :o




:D


She'd fit right in with that family then.

What episode have you got to? I like the way the characters seem to be central and then fade for the real lead to emerge.


.

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12360
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby ChrisB » 22 Nov 2023, 14:30

Just the first two so far. We usually limit our selves to two episodes of any drama, then finish with something less intense. Tonight we'll be starting Squidgame, the actual game on Netflix

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 11267
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby robertff » 22 Nov 2023, 19:17

ChrisB wrote:Just the first two so far. We usually limit our selves to two episodes of any drama, then finish with something less intense. Tonight we'll be starting Squidgame, the actual game on Netflix



Kin certainly gets better with every episode I think, as does the main character, I’m on the last episode.


Don’t fancy Squidgame, don’t know why it just doesn’t appeal for some reason. Perhaps you’ll give some feedback?


.

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12360
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby ChrisB » 22 Nov 2023, 20:35

Squid game, the original series, was fabulous. This new one is a game show based on series, so doubt if there's going to be any deaths. Wouldn't "I'm a celebrity....." be so much better if there were? :twisted:

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12360
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby ChrisB » 24 Nov 2023, 21:26

Finished it tonight. Excellent, just the sort of programme we love. The only problem was, with the Sopranos, I cared about the characters. With "Kin", I didn't give a flying ****

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 11267
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Kin - BBC 1

Postby robertff » 25 Nov 2023, 08:27

ChrisB wrote:Finished it tonight. Excellent, just the sort of programme we love. The only problem was, with the Sopranos, I cared about the characters. With "Kin", I didn't give a flying ****




I'm, not sure we were meant to. Thought the one who ended as the lead character played the part exceptionally well.

Second series already made apparently.


.


Return to “Screenadelica”