Trust

..and why not?
Samoan

Trust

Postby Samoan » 13 Sep 2018, 18:45

A beautiful young man with strawberry blonde locks runs pell-mell through a majestic field of sunflowers as if in flight and very well he might.
Critics are seeing an allusion between Van Gogh's Sunflower paintings and the later self inflicted loss of his own ear as in the future, we'll see the young man also lose an ear as he is John Paul Getty III, grandson of the Getty billionaire and victim of a messed up kidnapping in 1973 which I can still remember snippets about from the news of the time.

Trust
is a 10 part series with the first episode last night on BBC2 and Danny Boyle directing. I thought it dazzled and astounded, there was so much utter craziness and taut as a wire drama going on chez Getty Senior the oil baron's English Tudor mansion. I could hardly take my eyes off the screen.
Donald Sutherland as Getty was terrifyingly superb.

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: Trust

Postby The Modernist » 13 Sep 2018, 22:47

I read a book about the Getty's many years ago, it is a very interesting story.
As for the tv drama, it was pretty lurid, even tacky..Danny Boyle isn't the most subtle of directors! But it was entertaining.

Samoan

Re: Trust

Postby Samoan » 19 Sep 2018, 09:42

Episode 2 at 9pm this evening on Beeb 2 where Hilary Swank appears.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Return to “Screenadelica”