The whole audience was completely as one...

..and why not?
Quaco
F R double E

Re: The whole audience was completely as one...

Postby Quaco » 14 Aug 2018, 20:17

Geezee wrote:- Spaceballs. There was nearly a riot in the cinema when I saw this. It just seemed to hit a perfect mark, with people crying and hollering with laughter through the whole movie. I remember looking around at people after this and feeling some kind of kinship with everyone over what we had seen. I'm not sure I have any interest in seeing the movie again but it's a great reminder that even pretty suspect movies can catch you off-guard in the right moment.

Reminds me of (the same, as above) friend who told me about seeing Henny Youngman perform. Figuring he was old and sort of a hack, my friend and his dad didn't expect much. But lo and behold, Henny wore them down, and the audience was literally falling out of their chairs and crying in the aisles!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Aug 2018, 20:57

Jeemo wrote:Yes. I'll report back when i see a prole's film there.

You do that.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Aug 2018, 21:07

CAN wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Yes. I'll report back when i see a prole's film there.

You do that.

Christ John, i was going to put prole in inverted commas, just to show i was joking. But there go, you type your words and you take your chance.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 14 Aug 2018, 21:10

Oh alright Jim!

See you at the GFT some time! (I'm usually in the front row - until I get shoved along...)
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Aug 2018, 21:20

How long are ypu here for. David bought me a gft cine card for Fathers Day. 40 quid, 4 complimentary tickets plus a free membership for the Mubi streaming app. Worth a look
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 14 Aug 2018, 21:22

Jeemo wrote:How long are ypu here for. David bought me a gft cine card for Fathers Day. 40 quid, 4 complimentary tickets plus a free membership for the Mubi streaming app. Worth a look

One of the first things I did when I got here was sort that out! It's a bargain - four cinema tickets alone would cost the same as the membership. And you get discounted admission for a year, as well as that MUBI thing. Great cinema, isn't it?

I'm here for just over three weeks. Might move back later in the year, depends how things go.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 Aug 2018, 21:44

CAN wrote:
Jeemo wrote:How long are ypu here for. David bought me a gft cine card for Fathers Day. 40 quid, 4 complimentary tickets plus a free membership for the Mubi streaming app. Worth a look

One of the first things I did when I got here was sort that out! It's a bargain - four cinema tickets alone would cost the same as the membership. And you get discounted admission for a year, as well as that MUBI thing. Great cinema, isn't it?

I'm here for just over three weeks. Might move back later in the year, depends how things go.

i haven't used Mubi as much as i would've liked. Weans dont like the films they programme overly much.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Aug 2018, 18:35

Watching Titanic in Brighton when it came out.
Leo was freezing and about to slip Below the waves when all of a sudden one of a big group of foreign students let rip with a perfectly timed ‘Bronx cheer’. The whole cinema fell about laughing.

Best bit of the film.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 05 Sep 2018, 18:14

I can think of two off the top of my head.

The Kids Are Alright - I saw this in a theater at a shopping mall in NJ. Screenings had been limited but of course every Who fan was dying to see it, and it hit my local mall right as the Who were doing 7 shows in New York and NJ so there was a lot of hype around them. I went to the Saturday night show. It was like being in a concert, the whole crowd hooting and hollering, and cheering at the end of every song. It was the first time I'd really seen them in action, remember that it was fairly rare to see rock music on TV in 1979. I've never been to a rock movie screening quite like that... some are rowdy and stoney but that one was just pure excitement.

The other was Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. I remember that the entire audience walked out of that theater completely silent. Kind of shell shocked. Nasty but undeniably potent.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 06 Sep 2018, 22:07

Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Indy pulls the gun out.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Return to “Screenadelica”