Scariest Ever Films (Guardian List)

..and why not?
joels344

Re: Scariest Ever Films (Guardian List)

Postby joels344 » 20 Jul 2018, 19:46

Goat Boy wrote:
joels344 wrote:I would add Possession (the 1981 film) to that list. It’s about a crumbling marriage, which is typical in drama films, but the surrealism, intensity, body horror elements, and general sense of madness captured throughout the film make for an absolutely frightening experience at times. Plus, the acting job by Isabelle Adjani is hypotonic and unforgettable.

A VERY odd film. I'm not sure what I made of it but it's certainly worth a watch, if only for the scene in the subway station.

That subway scene is one of the most surreal moments I've ever seen in a movie and I've seen plenty of odd films before.

Ghost of Harry Smith

Re: Scariest Ever Films (Guardian List)

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 26 Jul 2018, 11:10

Darkness_Fish wrote:Any comments on this list: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/j ... hereditary
I've never really cared for Rosemary's Baby, either, it just comes across a bit silly, in my view.

I think it's an odd film and certainly not as scary as Repulsion but that final scene is horrific ... it seems to fulfil any paranoid misgiving you might have had that, in fact, EVERYONE YOU KNOW is trying to fuck you over horribly.