BCB Top 100 TV Shows - And the winner is...

..and why not?
User avatar
THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18564
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: bit reliant on prawns

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 06 Apr 2018, 21:21

Oh, between us we could probably put together another 100 'essential' shows...
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26867
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby the masked man » 06 Apr 2018, 21:22

30 Rock was on my long list, but didn't quite make the cut.

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14832
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby The Red Heifer » 06 Apr 2018, 21:22

At the very least US and UK versions of this list
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26867
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby the masked man » 06 Apr 2018, 21:27

Interesting that it seems to be a fairly equal mix of UK and US shows, with I think four non-English language shows. So, yes, a UK/USA vote breakdown would be interesting.

Speaking of foreign-language shows, I feel disappointed that Borgen didn't seemingly make the cut. After all, a series that turns the dry topic of the day-to-day running of Danish politics into intense and compelling drama has really done a great job!

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22981
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby never/ever » 06 Apr 2018, 21:34

Well, come on Penk!
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14832
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby The Red Heifer » 06 Apr 2018, 21:37

I only voted for one Australian show because I both knew that it was an exercise in futility and there wasn't many more worth voting for in all honesty.

The one I did vote for was the 3 seasons of The Micallef Program/Programme/Pogram (depending on what season it was), which is probably my favourite sketch comedy show ever. I think Shaun Micallef will go down well here, especially the Daily Show esque, but about 47 million times better Mad As Hell, I heartily recommend having a look at some of that.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22981
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby never/ever » 06 Apr 2018, 21:45

I didn't vote for anything Dutch- TopPop would have been in there as being 'my' version of Top Of The Pops. I did pop in a vote for Rockpalast as i thought their quarterly live rock nights would have been shown outside of Germany too- several made it to video/DVD and there are some great performances there.
I considered Micallef but thought it to be too insular- Mad As Hell does tend to blather on about Australian politics. I thought of the two hilarious John Safran-shows on God and his Music Jamboree which were very funny. I was close to adding Norman Gunston and the last one was Roy & HG's shows on the Olympic Games/Winter Games which all were absolutely hilarious.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Posts: 16335
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 11:11
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby Neige » 07 Apr 2018, 09:02

never/ever wrote: I did pop in a vote for Rockpalast as i thought their quarterly live rock nights would have been shown outside of Germany too- several made it to video/DVD and there are some great performances there.


I had this on my list at first, but thought it didn't stand a chance - Rockpalast was fantastic with its full live concert format, and I hardly missed one in its heyday. But I don't think it got aired anywhere outside continental Europe.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8692
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby Pansy Puff » 07 Apr 2018, 09:28

Interesting that the Two Ronnies made the list but Morecambe and Wise didn't.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

User avatar
wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16893
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 07 Apr 2018, 09:40

I’m surprised the Auslords didn’t groupvote the Paul Hogan show into the top 20.

Bunch of Leo Wankers.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi
Posts: 14449
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 10:54
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 08 Apr 2018, 01:36

never/ever wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:No Thunderbirds. You should have a good look at yourselves.


Did you vote?


Ahh yeah no :)
king of the divan

User avatar
mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi
Posts: 14449
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 10:54
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 08 Apr 2018, 01:38

Quaco wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:No Thunderbirds. You should have a good look at yourselves.

I voted for the earlier and superior Supercar !

Can't recall ever watching that. Need to sort that out.
king of the divan

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 22981
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby never/ever » 08 Apr 2018, 01:39

mentalist (slight return) wrote:
never/ever wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:No Thunderbirds. You should have a good look at yourselves.


Did you vote?


Ahh yeah no :)


Pity, it could have made the list.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 46899
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby Quaco » 08 Apr 2018, 05:02

mentalist (slight return) wrote:
Quaco wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:No Thunderbirds. You should have a good look at yourselves.

I voted for the earlier and superior Supercar !

Can't recall ever watching that. Need to sort that out.

It's really wonderful and sweet, a bit more personality-based and fun, less of the technology aspect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3660
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby Fonz » 08 Apr 2018, 12:02

the masked man wrote:Interesting that it seems to be a fairly equal mix of UK and US shows, with I think four non-English language shows. So, yes, a UK/USA vote breakdown would be interesting.

Speaking of foreign-language shows, I feel disappointed that Borgen didn't seemingly make the cut. After all, a series that turns the dry topic of the day-to-day running of Danish politics into intense and compelling drama has really done a great job!


I voted for Borgen...
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Posts: 16335
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 11:11
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby Neige » 08 Apr 2018, 17:44

Fonz wrote:
the masked man wrote:Interesting that it seems to be a fairly equal mix of UK and US shows, with I think four non-English language shows. So, yes, a UK/USA vote breakdown would be interesting.

Speaking of foreign-language shows, I feel disappointed that Borgen didn't seemingly make the cut. After all, a series that turns the dry topic of the day-to-day running of Danish politics into intense and compelling drama has really done a great job!


I voted for Borgen...


Me too, but only awarded it 2 points (I had a 10x9, 10x4 and 10x2 system)

That makes 3 votes. Had I put it in my top 10, it would have made it.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26867
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby the masked man » 08 Apr 2018, 18:07

What has happened to Penk? We've been waiting for the top two for days now!

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34727
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - What will be our number one?

Postby PENK » 08 Apr 2018, 20:26

Oh you know, life and stuff. They're up now!
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
Moleskin
Posts: 14556
Joined: 18 Feb 2004, 12:38
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - And the winner is...

Postby Moleskin » 08 Apr 2018, 20:45

No Columbo? Pah!
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32467
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: BCB Top 100 TV Shows - And the winner is...

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Apr 2018, 20:56

*shocked*
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal