Wallander (BBC)

..and why not?
Samoan

Wallander (BBC)

Postby Samoan » 18 Feb 2018, 10:38

Great isn't it although last nights episode, "An Event in Autumn" was almost noir too far.
I'll never think of gathering blackcurrants in the same way again.

Last edited by Samoan on 18 Feb 2018, 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Re: Wallander (BBC)

Postby Samoan » 18 Feb 2018, 10:46

Saturday nights (9 - 11pm) on the Drama channel (No. 20), K
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 18 Feb 2018, 10:47

It's decent enough, but I wasn't keen on the last series which became so focused on Branagh's declining health, it seemed the crime plots were an after thought. Branagh's intense, introverted performance was also laid on rather thick for me, lacking light and shade and humour. I preferred both Swedish Wallanders which seemed both more naturalistic and authentic.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 Feb 2018, 13:14

It's been years since I saw either of the Swedish series - why the need, why two actors ? I found that unnecessarily confusing.
Of the two, Krister Henriksson's Wallander was the most engaging together with the more characterful co-stars in his series such as the forensic team member, Nyberg.(Mats Bergman)

But you can't beat the stunningly beautiful landscape photography of the episodes, and there are quite a few, with Branagh finding himself gambolling through a wheat, barley or mustard field in search of the truth.

Return to “Screenadelica”