Pulp Fiction - Revisted.

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Pulp Fiction - Revisted.

Postby Goat Boy » 28 Jan 2018, 17:10

Reservoir Dog is a great film though. Kill Bill was clearly superior to any rubbish old kung fu movie. I don't mind thefts if they improve on things.
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 28 Jan 2018, 17:25

Goat Boy wrote:Reservoir Dog is a great film though. Kill Bill was clearly superior to any rubbish old kung fu movie. I don't mind thefts if they improve on things.

I've watched a lot of old Kung fu movies. Most of them are better than Kill Bill (and they aren't 3 hours long).
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Jan 2018, 17:50

Ultimately his movies are about movies. There’s nothing wrong with that. He’s got great style and understands how to toy with audience expectations. Any one of his films on its own can feel like a master class of sorts.

But I think his work becomes harder to swallow the more you see of it. After a while you become aware of the empty calories.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 28 Jan 2018, 18:45

I haven't liked anything since the Kill Bill movies. Death Proof was terrible and everything since has been too long and over wordy. The Hateful Eight was bloated, over written, over long and quite boring.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Jan 2018, 13:13

The Modernist wrote:I wouldn't say most of the characters show "deep thinking"

Maybe the wrong term to use.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Jan 2018, 13:17

Inglorious Basterds was by the numbers shite. It was like he was trying to rip himself off. While it started out great with the Waltz brilliant monologue with polite sinister reserved cuntism, it went down hill after that. The scene in the german pub was so predictable, it was embarrassing.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model