Do you ever let your freak flag fly ?

..and why not?
Samoan

Do you ever let your freak flag fly ?

Postby Samoan » 17 Jan 2018, 16:49

For instance, doing the time warp again with all the props, costumes and malarkey at a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show or partake in a standing ovation, swept up in the emotion of the thing and perhaps by peer pressure ?

Apparently, cinema goers have been taking to their feet to applaud Churchill’s speech at the climax of Darkest Hour.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2018/jan/16/is-it-weird-standing-ovation-at-cinema-audience-participation-darkest-hour
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Sneelock

Re: Do you ever let your freak flag fly ?

Postby Sneelock » 17 Jan 2018, 17:41

the old freak flag it ain't what it used to be.
uggy poopy doody.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 17 Jan 2018, 19:27

Look at Churchill's history and you'll find he really wasn't worth celebrating.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 17 Jan 2018, 20:51

I've been at plenty of movie screenings where the audience spontaneously burst into applause at the end, or even during the movie in response to certain scenes. In my experience, this usually happens at "blockbuster"-type movies...Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Avengers, etc. However, when I saw "Darkest Hour" there was a long and sustained ovation at the end, which surprised me.

I generally don't do it myself.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 17 Jan 2018, 21:29

I like to bring a big bag of fake vomit (creamed corn, tinned dog food and a bit of water) to screenings of The Exorcist and let 'er fly during crucial scenes.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 Jan 2018, 21:30

I've been to just the one which had a joyful standing ovation, Strictly Ballroom and when my older brother saw Midnight Express it happened: I couldn't see it on it's release as it was an 18+ movie
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 18 Jan 2018, 16:34

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I like to bring a big bag of fake vomit (creamed corn, tinned dog food and a bit of water) to screenings of The Exorcist and let 'er fly during crucial scenes.

I start levitating whenever the exorcists start shouting "The power of Christ compels you!"
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Screenadelica”