Any other takers?
Best thing on Sky Atlantic for a while.
Based on quite a few truths.

nev harp
cultural defective

Re: Babylon Berlin

Postby nev harp » 21 Dec 2017, 00:04

With anxiety?
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 21 Dec 2017, 22:27

I'll probably binge watch it - I liked the first episode.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 22 Dec 2017, 12:23

I'm surprised nobody else has taken any interest.

There's some good bits and some unbelievable stuff although their Facebook page keeps updating with historical facts on what the plot events are supposed to be based on.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 30 Dec 2017, 11:46

Watched both seasons and found it excellent. Visually, it was sumptuous, the acting elegant, and we even had a Bryan Ferry cameo croon. Liked the way various Roxy and Ferry tracks were re arranged and incorporated into the soundtrack

d

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Jan 2018, 18:07

I binge watched it over the weekend and was blown away by it. The depiction of inter war Berlin seemed authentic, as did the juxtaposition of the grinding poverty with the desperate decadence.

The intertwined storylines were gripping; so much tension. Expertly paced. And the two leads were mesmerising- especially Charlotte. Acting was brilliant overall.

I read they’ve commissioned a third series: they can’t make it quickly enough for me!
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Jan 2018, 18:25

I don't have Sky but it sounds interesting.
PresMuffley wrote:Hearing Kelly Macdonald sing that chorus bit in Trainspotting was the first time I ever heard anything of "Temptation". I probably thought it was a Scottish folk song at the time.