Directors that didn't fulfil their potential

..and why not?
Darkness_Fish

Re: Directors that didn't fulfil their potential

Postby Darkness_Fish » 19 Sep 2017, 09:42

mentalist (slight return) wrote:Bruce Robinson. Withnail & I. Surprised he hasn't directed more.

His book on Jack the Ripper, Everyone Loves Jack is bloody good though. The angriest, rantiest conspiracy theory book you're ever likely to come across. Makes a pretty convincing case, too.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Sep 2017, 10:42

Darkness_Fish wrote: The angriest, rantiest conspiracy theory book you're ever likely to come across. Makes a pretty convincing case, too.

I haven't read this, and since I'm unlikely ever again to read a book, I was wondering if you could give a very brief precis of his conclusions (in a PM if you want to avoid spoilers ;) )?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Sep 2017, 17:45

I liked "How to Get Ahead in Advertising". it was a little, um, messy but he sure made his point and I thought the performance of "the head" (acting wise) was pretty fantastic.
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Screenadelica”