Gene Hackman

..and why not?
Dr Markus

Re: Gene Hackman

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Sep 2017, 18:04

I don't know, he just looked out of place or not in rhythm with the rest. I fully except I'm alone in this.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Thang-y

Re: Gene Hackman

Postby Thang-y » 14 Sep 2017, 18:14

The Great Defector wrote:I don't know, he just looked out of place or not in rhythm with the rest. I fully except I'm alone in this.

The brothers (and sister) all had very different characters. Supposedly different aspects of The Don.

He was fairer in colour than the others but you do get fairer Sicilians. Something to do with Germanic and Viking invasions. No, really.

He's a lot more dynamic than a lot of the other actors (many extras were non-actors and some were Italian actors brought over so there's a change of pace there) and certainly his character was more hot-headed than most of the made guys (that's proven mafia killers to those not in the know *taps nose*) .. a lot of more senior mafiosi are portrayed as cold and calculating, which Caan's character was not. Which was exactly his weakness and which got him killed.

*Ba-da-BING you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.*

Return to “Screenadelica”