The Dark Tower

..and why not?
never/ever

The Dark Tower

Postby never/ever » 05 Aug 2017, 02:04

Ever since the announcement of the release of this movie it has been shrouded in debate- from the choice of a black Roland Deschains to the rumours about 'miscommunication" between director, producers and cinematographer. At last it is here and even if the initial reviews are a bit meh I am still looking forward to this.
Are you standing with me?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Re: The Dark Tower

Postby Moleskin » 05 Aug 2017, 11:27

I want to see it, but am a bit put off by initial reviews.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Aug 2017, 11:46

I am only being put off by the reports about the lack of lighting in the movie, considering my eyesight is less than perfect but having read the books I am aware of the complex structure of the storyline so that should not be the main concern.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Postby ... » 08 Aug 2017, 08:14

While I'm no great fan of overly-long movies, 95 mins seems to be an awfully brief timescale in which to establish the complex alternative reality needed to lay foundations for a proposed money-spinning franchise. Reviews I've read have been pretty damning and it looks as though sequels will be off the menu. Should possibly have left it to Netflix or Amazon Prime who seem to do this sort of stuff pretty well. FWIW, while a big SK fan, I've never felt the need to investigate the DT series although I would probably have gone to see the film had the reviews been a bit kinder.

Return to “Screenadelica”