Dunkirk lifts Christopher Nolan to Stanley Kubrick status

..and why not?
borofan

Re: Dunkirk lifts Christopher Nolan to Stanley Kubrick status

Postby borofan » 08 Aug 2017, 17:24

fueryIre wrote:Whoever said you need to see 2001 on the big screen is bang on the money though. Even a 55" HD TV doesn't begin to do it justice.

I saw 2001 on the huge curved Cinerama screen at the Media Museum's Pictureville screen in Bradford. Utterly magnificent.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Aug 2017, 17:30

borofan wrote:
fueryIre wrote:Whoever said you need to see 2001 on the big screen is bang on the money though. Even a 55" HD TV doesn't begin to do it justice.

I saw 2001 on the huge curved Cinerama screen at the Media Museum's Pictureville screen in Bradford. Utterly magnificent.

The screen or the film?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 09 Aug 2017, 09:47

The Great Defector wrote:
He did. Fucking lonely experience being a fighter pilot. I should have felt more sympathy for Hardy's character but his put on stiff upper lip voice made it impossible. I just have images of bane in 40's England, being a witty at a party dressed to the nines, with his bane mask on.

It's ironic given his role as an airman in Dunkirk and the accusations of inaudible speech that have dogged his career that TH got his first acting job in this Carling Black Label TVC from a few years back. Watch right to the end and see if you can spot him!

Return to “Screenadelica”