Netflix
No votes
Amazon Prime
100%

Total votes: 1

hippopotamus

Netflix Vs. Amazon Prime

Postby hippopotamus » 05 Jun 2017, 23:56

I don't extremely know what the differences would be between countries when comparing these two, but I cancelled my netflix and tried amazon prime and liked it. Then I wanted to watch House of Cards and Orange is the New Black.

I feel like Both is over indulgent.
By, My goodness don't we live in a privileged era.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: Netflix Vs. Amazon Prime

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Jun 2017, 16:54

You pay a monthly fee for Netflix and then everything is free to watch. You pay a yearly fee for amazon prime but then still have to rent (or purchase) films in order to watch them. Some things are free, but not much.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Jun 2017, 17:25

Amazon Video as its called over here. Is very similar to Netflix, they have their own tv series like Bosch and also have a similar range of movies which is included in the price which also gets you next day delivery on lots of stuff on amazon.

where it differs is that you can rentmore up to date movies before they move to the general platform.

another advantage is that if they fail to deliver next day, they give a free month onto your subs.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Jun 2017, 17:40

It's the exact same here, Jeemo. But it doesn't change the fact that all of those up to date movies aren't free. Not only that - most old movies aren't free either.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 06 Jun 2017, 17:47

Jeemo wrote:Amazon Video as its called over here. Is very similar to Netflix, they have their own tv series like Bosch and also have a similar range of movies which is included in the price which also gets you next day delivery on lots of stuff on amazon.

where it differs is that you can rentmore up to date movies before they move to the general platform.

another advantage is that if they fail to deliver next day, they give a free month onto your subs.

They should do Jeemsy , when it happened to me they cancelled the account with six months remaining and charged me the full price for another year.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Jun 2017, 17:59

jimboo wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Amazon Video as its called over here. Is very similar to Netflix, they have their own tv series like Bosch and also have a similar range of movies which is included in the price which also gets you next day delivery on lots of stuff on amazon.

They should do Jeemsy , when it happened to me they cancelled the account with six months remaining and charged me the full price for another year.

bummer. I've never had any trouble with them.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Postby ... » 06 Jun 2017, 18:59

Tried the one-month AP free trial when I moved to Ireland only to find it then wasn't valid here. Naughty Amazon still charged my credit card for the whole year and didn't tell me. Only found out when I was visiting another chatboard and they refunded me the UK£68(?) annual fee by return.

As Matt W said up the page, Netflix is incredibly easy to opt in and out of. If you know what you want to watch, you can gorge yourself silly for a month and only pay UK£8.

The other great service that noone here has mentioned yet is All 4s 100% free Walter Presents which has some superb foreign shows on and won't cost you a red cent to watch all year round.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 06 Jun 2017, 21:59

I don't find the selection on netflix that great... though I like a lot of their original shows.
Maybe there is less on Amazon prime, but I got to watch the entirety of Seinfeld, and the entirety of Parks and Rec.
I guess I'm newer to it, and maybe Netflix was the pioneer.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 07 Jun 2017, 01:31

Netflix, it must be said, has a lot of turnover.
things come & go. it can sting but things come back around and other things bob up. I like it.

Amazon Prime is tricky too. they are very stingy with what they dole out at any one time. this is where the "free trial" specialty channels come in.
you sign up for a week and watch everything you can't see on regular prime.

speaking of free trial subscriptions, HULU lost the Criterion collection which has it's own channel now. I'm planning to have an accident so I can lay around and watch it while I mend. ;)
uggy poopy doody.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 11 Jun 2017, 16:44

We have both, but Stan pays for them. I like both . Some great shows , and I love the way you can just binge your way through them. New Preacher and Orphan Black on their way too. American Gods is brilliant, as is Bosch. And I haven't stated Better call Saul yet.
You don't like me...do you?

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 11 Jun 2017, 19:29

Fire Stick
Give a shit or be a shit.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 12 Jun 2017, 23:01

I have both. If I was picking on the original content only, Netflix has Black Mirror's latest season, Jessica Jones and some other really cool shows, and a very good documentary selection.

Amazon has some good things on Prime for free watching, I do browse it periodically & find good things from time to time.

If I had to cancel one or the other I'd probably cancel Amazon and keep Netflix. You can always cancel Netflix when you find there's not much on, and come back a few months later when they have changed their offerring.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Return to “Screenadelica”