Wonder Woman

..and why not?
Dr Markus

Wonder Woman

Postby Dr Markus » 01 Jun 2017, 16:38

The trailers look very good, good enough to get me interested. I thought Gadot did well in the batman/superman film. Also, Patty Jenkins is the director. While it shouldn't matter, it's the first proper blockbuster directed by a woman and it is somewhat of a talking point even, again, it shouldn't be. Like I said the trailer looks class, so I'm fairly confident.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dayodead

Re: Wonder Woman

Postby Dayodead » 01 Jun 2017, 17:46

Looks interesting...Not a fan of Superhero films, so I'll probably check it out on cable eventually...The only thing of note is not that she's a woman directing a blockbuster, but that she hasn't directed ANY film since 2003 (Monster)...Also, the sole writer, Allan Heinberg, has never written for film (Only TV...) Well shall see how that works out...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 02 Jun 2017, 12:15

Co worker seen it last night, said it was good but it looks like they cheaped out on the SFX.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Postby ... » 03 Jun 2017, 07:40

Flying back from HK means trying hard to fill the 12 hours between getting kicked out of your hotel and getting on your flight. This was one of the three films with which I tried to fill the time on Thurs - the others were Get Out - excellent and Alien Covenant - better than I'd heard. No way in the world was I going to sit through Pirates 5 or Baywatch.

While I'm no big fan of CGI-laden superhero movies, this was surprisingly enjoyable if a little overlong.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 12 Jun 2017, 09:04

It's basically the 5th element, but unfunny, less stylish and the hero's name is Steve.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Jun 2017, 09:33

hippopotamus wrote:It's basically the 5th element, but unfunny, less stylish and the hero's name is Steve.

The 5th Element is just brilliant. One of those films I can watch again and again!
You don't like me...do you?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Jun 2017, 17:08

hippopotamus wrote:It's basically the 5th element, but unfunny, less stylish and the hero's name is Steve.

Wonder Woman's name is Steve? :?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jun 2017, 17:09

pcqgod wrote:

Yeah I was thinking that myself. double :?.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 12 Jun 2017, 17:12

The Great Defector wrote:
pcqgod wrote:

I took her to be heroine. Does that make me no longer a feminist?
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jun 2017, 17:16

hippopotamus wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
pcqgod wrote:

I took her to be heroine. Does that make me no longer a feminist?

Well her name is Diana, unless it's Steve on the weekend?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jun 2017, 00:33

Finally saw it and thought it was brilliant. It had the just right amount of action, humour, and thought provoking themes. Judging Godot solely on the batman vs superman film was my biggest mistake coming in to this film. She can carry a film, she can act and has surprisingly good comic timing.

The second I walked out of the screening at the end, I heard a woman say it made women look inferior. We much have been watching different films.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 26 Jun 2017, 02:30

yomptepi wrote:

The 5th Element is just brilliant. One of those films I can watch again and again!

Agreed!

My almost-six year-old daughter thought Wonder Woman was the greatest. Good for her.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

fathertime

Postby fathertime » 08 Aug 2017, 01:33

It was a good movie and Gal Gadot did a good job but Melissa Benoist as Supergirl is the much more appealing character.

Code: Select all

http://fathertime.rocks

Return to “Screenadelica”