Fargo - Season 3

..and why not?
Dr Markus

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 12:52

As much as I enjoyed the last one, I simply do not like Ewan McGregor, there's something about him that I just want to repeatedly punch him in the face. Will he do enough to put me off it, I doubt it, if the story is good.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Re: Fargo - Season 3

Postby pcqgod » 30 May 2017, 16:40

I like McGregor in both roles, even if I generally don't like the concept of one person playing twins. Overall, this season has had its moments, even if it hasn't engaged me as much as season 2. I'll be interested to see how things play out.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 01 Jun 2017, 17:09

I get what you're saying on Ewan McG. He's a character actor but he brings the same personal traits to every character he plays. Maybe its the smarmy smile? He's fine but overshadowed by the others, especially David Thewlis (most original character of 2017) and Michael Stuhlberg. Sy Feltz is the character most in touch with the spirit of Fargo, right back to William H Macy in the film. That concept of being an outwardly wholesome good guy but with something sinister and repressed bubbling underneath. I'm really enjoying it.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Jun 2017, 17:17

McGregor didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would. I don't know who they keep finding the writers for those shows but the story line was fast tracked a bit but still good.

Seeing David Thewlis is always a pleasure. One of England's most underrated actor.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jul 2017, 12:40

During out to be a good series, although it firmly cements how any future Fargo series (if there are any more) will go.

Return to “Screenadelica”