The Keepers

..and why not?
Geezee

The Keepers

Postby Geezee » 25 May 2017, 16:46

Anyone else watched this? Highly recommended. Gut-wrenching, and at times perhaps loses its way a bit (going to the gemologist took it a bit too far for me) but my god what a story. I'm generally interested in true crime, but I wasn't quite sure I'd be interested in a series about the unsolved murder of a nun - but it grips you right from the beginning, and the broader context is just incredible, even if there wasn't a conspiracy (which almost certainly there was). I wish they'd spent a bit more time on the second murder - it seems to me there were several strands that they didn't pick up on there. I don't want to give too much away to those who don't know much about it (I think I benefited from knowing nothing going into it) but I'm also quite curious over some question-marks that they seem to leave hanging, completely - there is a very jarring moment where they are talking about who Brother Bob might be, and they zoom to Cathy's sister's husband - whose engagement present she went out shopping for when she went missing - and introduce him as...Bob. Is that meant to mean something? In general, this is almost more about trauma and abuse though, and it is incredibly moving - and infuriating - to hear the victim's stories.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Return to “Screenadelica”