The Last Jedi

..and why not?
German Dave
Utter Cad

Re: The Last Jedi

Postby German Dave » 31 Dec 2017, 23:34

The Great Defector wrote:
German Dave wrote:[ how Nat and I took a nine year old girl, who'd never seen a SW films.

You knew this Young girl right? You or your better half? :?

Yes, of course, she's the daughter of a close friend.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 31 Dec 2017, 23:38

German Dave wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:The chances of a new Star Wars being considered as good as episodes 4 and 5 are virtually nil. You get what you get. These films are not made with middle aged people in mind anyway.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, Matt, but it was interesting how Nat and I took a nine year old girl, who'd never seen a SW film before, to see The Force Awakens and she loved it but when she then watched A New Hope the next week, albeit on TV at home, she found it really dull. Stupid kids.

No, I get that. My nine-year-old's favorite Star Wars movie is episode 2. Go figure.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 01 Jan 2018, 10:20

German Dave wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:The chances of a new Star Wars being considered as good as episodes 4 and 5 are virtually nil. You get what you get. These films are not made with middle aged people in mind anyway.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, Matt, but it was interesting how Nat and I took a nine year old girl, who'd never seen a SW film before, to see The Force Awakens and she loved it but when she then watched A New Hope the next week, albeit on TV at home, she found it really dull. Stupid kids.

My son adores IV. He's not seen VII or VIII yet as he's too young, but I'm hopeful that he sees the OT as the best ones.

German Dave
Utter Cad

Postby German Dave » 01 Jan 2018, 11:41

Well, that's good to hear!
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

fange

Postby fange » 02 Jan 2018, 02:21

I went with my girls (14 & 12) and they really liked it, more than i did to tell the truth. The movie's style really appealed to them.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 02 Jan 2018, 10:07

My wife loved it - and she has no time for SF or fantasy as a rule. She was raving about it when we came out. Lots of strong female characters may perhaps have helped. The kids loved it too of course.

I liked it a lot - good fun and the time didn't drag at all. But as an adult I find SW films pretty much go in one ear and out the other without leaving much of a trace... Apart from Phantom Menace which was all negative.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 04 Jan 2018, 19:35

Another by-the-numbers Star Wars movie. My girlfriend fell asleep twice during it, lol.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Jan 2018, 21:07

I saw it this afternoon. As a film, I think it probably hangs together better than the increasingly casual/uninvolving Marvel franchises, but there doesn't seem to be much point to Star Wars anymore. Did this drive the plot along any more? Is there an over-arching plot? Why should I care? A bit too much silly green-screen CGI, which The Force Awakens handled much better. It didn't drag for all of it's 2 1/2 hours, but it's not something I'd choose to watch again.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 06 Jan 2018, 20:00

It's "Vader", you morons, not "Vadar". :roll:
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Jan 2018, 22:16

You say Tomader, I say Tomadar.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”