Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jun 2017, 10:09

It needed some momentum and it got it at the right time (extended bar sweeping scene excepted).

Things are starting to come together, slowly but it’s happening. As much as I would like Old Cooper to appear I am enjoying Dougie. I’m sure I’m not the only one who thought he was going to reappear when Ike the Spike tried to kill him but alas…

Loved Diane (not what I expected) and the scenes with Albert and Gordon are always a joy.

Ike The Spike – black lodge? The little girl mentioned a “funny smell”. Did he come via the glass box in New York? Is the businessman Philip Jefferies? Has he been exploiting the black lodge for his own personal gain?

The fella at the morgue who was walking down the corridor. Same figure who appeared to the school principle in the jail? Who/what is he?

I love how they linked the pages from Lauras diary to the Annie Blackburn scenes in FWWM. That was neat. Is Hawk going to be the man who tracks Cooper down? There is that scene where Cooper says he’d want Hawk to be the man who tracked him down if he ever went missing.

What did Evil Coop do to Diane? Did he do anything as well to Audrey Horne? Doc Haywards recollection alludes to something dodgy. The drug dealer who ran over the boy is a Horne. Could this be evil coopers son?

I’m assuming all of this is leading back to Twin Peaks (it is called The Return after all) and a battle between evil and good Coop.

I really wish they'd release two episodes at a time.
Last edited by Goat Boy on 20 Jun 2017, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jun 2017, 10:14

I only found out last night about some of the stuff Michael Anderson (the man from another place) has been saying about Lynch (amongst other things).

Weird
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 Jun 2017, 11:10

I wonder if Andy is still waiting on the logging road at the corner of Sparkwood and 21.

Great episode - was that Ike's flesh left on the gun then?
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jun 2017, 11:34

Belle Lettre wrote:I wonder if Andy is still waiting on the logging road at the corner of Sparkwood and 21.

Great episode - was that Ike's flesh left on the gun then?

Looks like it. hence why the arm was telling Coop to press hard I guess. I'm sure any tests will reveal something odd.

I'm assuming he's connected to the black lodge. Maybe he's been 'manufactured' by Bob. Like Dougie was manufactured as a decoy

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Jun 2017, 11:56

I wondering how Leo is holding up after 25 years biting on that rope to hold up the box of spiders. :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Jun 2017, 12:56

I just hope he managed to get some new shoes

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Jun 2017, 13:25

:( So the dougie storyline is still going huh? I haven't watched the next episode yet, but it's hardly a spoiler.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

joels344

Postby joels344 » 20 Jun 2017, 15:46

Goat Boy wrote: (extended bar sweeping scene excepted).

I loved that moment. It reminded me of slow cinema.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 20 Jun 2017, 16:36

Green Onions was perfect.

And then - Jean Michel Renault!
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jun 2017, 12:19

Sizemore got OLD!

I looked up his IMDB, he must have a move out every month for 2017 and 18. Must owe some amount of money.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Jun 2017, 14:12

Can't imagine why he would be in debt...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jun 2017, 14:17

Most actors who work that much are usually in debt. Nicolas cage for example, and Depp soon probably.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 21 Jun 2017, 17:19

I was trying to figure out where I've seen that actor that plays young Richard Horne before... and I finally figured out, he's a dead ringer for fucking Jared Kushner!
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 21 Jun 2017, 17:25

Ashley Judd looks like she's gonna get a bigger part than I thought she would.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 21 Jun 2017, 19:09

What courteousness, people!

My faith in mankind has been restored in full.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Jun 2017, 20:47

Goat Boy wrote:As much as I would like Old Cooper to appear I am enjoying Dougie.

I'm torn: it is a nice storyline, some cute scenes and clearly fits in with Lynch's favourite themes of innocence/darkness... but everyone just wants to see Coop wake up. Even Philip Gerard wants it!

Ike The Spike – black lodge? The little girl mentioned a “funny smell”. Did he come via the glass box in New York? Is the businessman Philip Jefferies? Has he been exploiting the black lodge for his own personal gain?

I've been wondering about that too. There's a slight element to the whole Dougie story that suggests he's in some kind of dreamlike limbo - there are lots of odd touches there, some of the locations and people seem too obviously fake, and Philip Gerard appeared telling him to "wake up" - but bits tie in with the "real" world (the keys made it back to the Great Northern, and Ike the Spike seems tied in with some other story, possibly involving Jeffries (the Buenos Aires thing).

I’m assuming all of this is leading back to Twin Peaks (it is called The Return after all)

The town seems to be featuring more and more every week and that is nice. It'd be good to get more than the odd brief scene with some of the favourite old characters, though: nice to see more of Ben Horne but where's Big Ed? Audrey? Why just brief glimpses of Bobby, James etc? We're running out of time to get them all involved properly...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Jun 2017, 22:18

That was beautiful
Nikki Gradual wrote:

joels344

Postby joels344 » 26 Jun 2017, 23:43

Without a doubt, the finest episode in the series thus far. I felt hypnotized by the stunning cinematography, sound design, music, atmosphere, and genuinely haunting sequences. It delivered essentially an experimental film to fans around the world. This episode certainly ended up being divisive and not everyone will appreciate it. I'd say that Part 8 is like the Trout Mask Replica or 2001: A Space Odyssey of television, so to speak. It's interesting how Twin Peaks was an innovative television show in the 1990s and continues to be just as innovative and groundbreaking today. Glad to see David Lynch and Mark Frost haven't sold out to the plot heavy narrative structures of modern television. But I do need a break to recover from that maddening experience.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 27 Jun 2017, 09:23

Just from a purely technical level that was stupendous. The cinematography and the soundtrack were stellar.

Loved the whole birth of BOB thing. Did the nuke rip a hole in time and space so that the evil spirits could descend? Is it just symbolic of the evil that men do? Does it matter? What a sequence.

Loved Evil Coopers death and rebirth. The blob with Bobs face on it was horrible (reminiscent of the new “arm”)

So the white lodge created Laura as a counter balance to Bob? Or perhaps as a trap? Is Laura going to be part of the final battle against BOB? It looks like she just might.

What’s really obvious too is how Lynch and Frost have tried to link the original series to this one with all kinds of references. Remember when the man from another place said they are from a place where this is “always music in the air”? There’s real attention to detail here.

I would assume it will be back to “normal” for the next episode and interestingly there is a two week break.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 27 Jun 2017, 09:50

There has been speculation that The Girl may be Sarah Palmer. Not sure the age would be right and the toad/cockroach thing looks a lot nastier than a Laura spirit embryo thingy
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Return to “Screenadelica”