Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2017, 14:46

Ragye wrote:
Goat Boy wrote::oops:

My spelling and grammar is getting worse these days

*are* getting worse

;)

I'm such a heathen
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 30 May 2017, 16:41

The Great Defector wrote:I can't tell if lynch is a bad amateur actor or playing his character perfectly.

I think it's both. His terrible acting is simply used perfectly.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 May 2017, 16:46

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I can't tell if lynch is a bad amateur actor

WHAT?? WHY WOULD I BE A TRACTOR?

:lol:

Cossacks are in Russia
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 05 Jun 2017, 21:11

The Rancho Rosa scenes have a certain whiff of Breaking Bad, don't you think?
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Jun 2017, 12:11

I'm missing the soap melodrama in the 3rd season. Maybe it's long out grown that, but this season seems to have a straight up lynch film feel to it.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Jun 2017, 16:57

The Great Defector wrote:I'm missing the soap melodrama in the 3rd season. Maybe it's long out grown that, but this season seems to have a straight up lynch film feel to it.

Which means I'll probably like it better. The soap opera aspects of the first two seasons are my least favorite.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Jun 2017, 17:02

Matt Wilson wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I'm missing the soap melodrama in the 3rd season. Maybe it's long out grown that, but this season seems to have a straight up lynch film feel to it.

Which means I'll probably like it better. The soap opera aspects of the first two seasons are my least favorite.

I guess part of me wants it to be similar to the original.

Cooper getting used to being back in the world, even as a story development tool, is getting a boring.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 06 Jun 2017, 21:19

Episode five was too drawn-out. Like Markus I think the Dougie thing has run its course now, something needs to happen there rather than playing "spot the guest actor" (hi Tom Sizemore).

All the interesting bits seemed to happen towards the end - the key being posted, the mystery creep at the Bang Bang Bar, the fingerprints getting a name.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jun 2017, 00:17

Does anyone have a link I can use to watch episode 5 of the new season?

That TV123 site that (I think) Markus put up and which I used to watch the first four episodes seems not be working out for the fifth.

Thanks for any help!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Jun 2017, 13:10

Snarfyguy wrote:Does anyone have a link I can use to watch episode 5 of the new season?

That TV123 site that (I think) Markus put up and which I used to watch the first four episodes seems not be working out for the fifth.

Thanks for any help!

Was not me señor.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jun 2017, 13:15

Diane Keaton directed one of the episodes of the season 2. Never knew that. she was shit though.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jun 2017, 12:47

I finished the first 2 seasons of twin peaks. I'm not gonna lie, some of it was a chore near the end but I'm glad I rewatched it.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Jun 2017, 12:50

The Great Defector wrote:I finished the first 2 seasons of twin peaks. I'm not gonna lie, some of it was a chore near the end but I'm glad I rewatched it.

Season 2 dips very badly but there is still fun stuff in there but it does get a bit silly. Billy fucking zane?

It picks up towards the end and the last episode is great. Windom Earle was a bit rubbish really though
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jun 2017, 13:06

Goat Boy wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I finished the first 2 seasons of twin peaks. I'm not gonna lie, some of it was a chore near the end but I'm glad I rewatched it.

Season 2 dips very badly but there is still fun stuff in there but it does get a bit silly. Billy fucking zane?

It picks up towards the end and the last episode is great. Windom Earle was a bit rubbish really though

Yeah, I think lynch or lynch's casting director's ability to find the right actor is a big enough part of his film's success to get a mention. This time however with Earle, he acted more like a villain to Adam west's batman than an evil genius.

Still I would have liked to have seen a season 3 straight away but I can understand why they said no.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Jun 2017, 13:11

The Great Defector wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Yeah, I think lynch or lynch's casting director's ability to find the right actor is a big enough part of his film's success to get a mention. This time however with Earle, he acted more like a villain to Adam west's batman than an evil genius.

Still I would have liked to have seen a season 3 straight away but I can understand why they said no.

It had lost its way and American tv can be very ruthless. Especially for an anomaly like Twin Peaks.

It's interesting that Lynch gets rid of Earle quite soon on.

Fire walk With Me next!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Jun 2017, 13:14

How are people getting on with season 3?
I'm certainly intrigued and fascinated to see where it will go, but I can't say I'm actually 'enjoying' it in any conventional way. I thought it seemed to be really finding an interesting identity in 3 & 4, but the last couple of episodes have left me a little cold. It seems to be satisfying the uber-fans who can spot all sorts of arcane intertextual references to the Twin Peaks mythology, but there's much less for the more casual fan (which is most of us) to enjoy.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Jun 2017, 13:19

I kind of agree but there's a lot for a Twin peaks nerd to enjoy here. The scenes with Harry Dean Stanton, for example, fitted right in with Fire Walk With Me

I'm enjoying the Dougie Jones thing but it needs to end soon and I suspect it will. I wish they would release two episodes at the same time. I think they work better that way

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Jun 2017, 13:25

Goat Boy wrote:
It's interesting that Lynch gets rid of Earle quite soon on.

Fire walk With Me next!

Yeah he didn't play a major part at the end, I thought he'd be more involved but "they" were after Cooper all alone I suppose. Yeah fire walk with me is next. Just need my brain cool down a bit after watching that.

Return to “Screenadelica”