Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
Dr Markus

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 13:26

Aye, but I love this shit. See shows like this, or lost, leftovers etc I could watch them all day. All of course influenced, one way or another, by twin peaks back in the day. Lost and to a certain degree leftover got the same bad touch as twin peaks.

I'm on the look out now for a similar show to watch.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

joels344

Postby joels344 » 05 Sep 2017, 15:35

Goat Boy wrote:
joels344 wrote:Here's another idea:

Coop goes back into the lodge, and creates the tulpa version of Dale Cooper. Maybe the real version was sent back to live with Janey-E and Sonny Jim. Because when Coop returns to the house with the red door, he's acting very similar to the way he did at the start of the series. In other words, he came out of the lodge and is mentally getting acclimated into the real world again. Meanwhile, the tulpa version of Dale Cooper finds Laura Palmer in Odessa, and they return to Twin Peaks in an alternative timeline where her murder never occurred.

There are just so many possibilities for this ending. I doubt there's a single 'correct' interpretation of Part 18.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the creation of the tulpa by Mike follows into the copy arriving at Janey-E's house

Seems to the case, I guess. Again, just throwing out ideas here. Not saying anything is officially the correct theory on the ending.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

joels344

Postby joels344 » 05 Sep 2017, 15:44

Goat Boy wrote:Were all the glitches (Big Ed at the gas station, speeded up shots of wind in the trees etc) caused by this alternative Twin peaks timeline/reality?[/spoiler]

Maybe the alternative timeline was 'bleeding into' the original timeline. Which could explain the various glitches, and Audrey Horne awakening in total confusion at the end of Part 16. Perhaps she was experiencing residual memories from the original timeline. A similar situation happened with Cooper (or Richard) when he woke up at the bed side. He seemed to be in a state of confusion as well.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Sep 2017, 15:50

There was also that scene earlier on in the series when the people at the diner changed during the credits and Shelly sort of double glances then carries on. I think it was the same scene where somebody appears at the door asking for Billy?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

joels344

Postby joels344 » 05 Sep 2017, 15:55

Goat Boy wrote:There was also that scene earlier on in the series when the people at the diner changed during the credits and Shelly sort of double glances then carries on. I think it was the same scene where somebody appears at the door asking for Billy?

I remember that. I really want to rewatch the series to look for little glitches in the timeline now.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 15:58

I'm beginning to think that Audrey has fuck all to do with the main story of twin peaks and it's just her story.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Sep 2017, 16:16

What was the main story?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 16:20

Goat Boy wrote:What was the main story?

Coop, Laura, bad coop, do you not agree that was the main story of this whole thing? Some of the side stories has nothing to do with it or any affect on it.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Sep 2017, 16:25

Well, yeah but then Audrey is connected to Coop and Bad Coop. Her song played a significant role too.

I don't know where she was mind bar assuming the lodges based on several things.

I think she is now "free" though

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 16:32

I don't think it has/had as much effect as you may think, then again we're chatting about lynch/frost, she could have been the answer to the whole fucking thing for all we know.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 05 Sep 2017, 17:18

Lynch and Frost lost the plot..literally.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a season 4.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 05 Sep 2017, 17:19

The Great Defector wrote:

I'm sure there's lots of incoherent, poorly conceived drama out there Markus.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 17:20

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

I'm sure there's lots of incoherent, poorly conceived drama out there Markus.

Ah mod, c'mon, don't be like that. :)

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Sep 2017, 09:25

G doesn't like Lynch when he does this sort of thing. He prefers more straight ahead linear narratives.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Sep 2017, 10:21

Goat Boy wrote:G doesn't like Lynch when he does this sort of thing. He prefers more straight ahead linear narratives.

That's fair.
Funnily enough I liked episode 18 more than episode 17 (which whilst providing a more traditional climax and resolution, I just found a bit silly) in many ways. Although there were lots of things that were dramatically unsatisfying about it, I did feel it was itching towards something more profound and poignant and human. There was a sadness about seeing Coop with (not) Laura as they stood outside the house not knowing who they were or where they were.
Showtime are fairly new aren't they? I did wonder if they'd made this with someone like HBO, they'd have been a more rigorous control over the whole thing. I don't get the impression there were too many production meetings questioning what they were doing with all this material. Lynch appears to have been given absolutely free reign. I'm not even sure how much final control Mark Frost had ultimately (although I hold him responsible, or to blame if you prefer, for the schlocky X-Files/sci-fi direction the show took).

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Sep 2017, 10:27

I didn't think you'd like the green superfist punching out the BOBball :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Sep 2017, 10:40

Belle Lettre wrote:I didn't think you'd like the green superfist punching out the BOBball :D

:lol:
So you have the age old conflict of good vs evil and it turns out all you need to defeat evil is someone with a superhuman punch. It really is like something a 13 year old would come up with. They should have just called up Mike Tyson back in the late eighties to do the job for them and save themselves the bother. :.
One of the (many) problems they had in this series was how to replace Bob and the very real visceral evil he represented in the original. For me they failed to devise a good solution for this. I did think The Woodsmen were creepy though and, if anything, were underused.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 06 Sep 2017, 11:35

I've only watched half of the first episode (of series 3). I was mesmerised but is it worth ploughing through the rest?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Sep 2017, 11:39

neville harp wrote:I've only watched half of the first episode (of series 3). I was mesmerised but is it worth ploughing through the rest?

I say no. But Belle and Goat Boy would say yes.
You pays your money and take your choice.
p.s sorry I haven't replied to the pm yet, I've got a bit behind...

Just to add, if you love films like 'Inland Empire' then go for it.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Sep 2017, 11:49

Me too :(

Return to “Screenadelica”