Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Matt Wilson » 27 May 2017, 16:25

All right - you guys have got me intrigued. I don't have Showtime so I'll wait and buy the blu box set in a few months.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 27 May 2017, 21:55

Goat Boy wrote:Episode 4 was great fun. The closest yet to the old series. I appreciated its warmth and humour. Poor Bobby

Caught up now and yeah, this is true. I get now why they released the first four all together: by the end of this one, it feels like the freakout factor has been dealt with and the actual plot is in motion, while the old gang are starting to come back.

Little things like the background music in the breakfast scene and Bobby breaking up when he saw Laura's picture made it feel much more like the old series, as did the scene with Michael Cera which was, I thought, just so, so Lynch and Twin Peaks: "what's the most random, incongruous way we can explain away Michael Ontkean not coming back? How about have the most unsuitable actor possible turn up pretending to be Marlon Brando?"

I just realised now thought that there's 9 days to wait until the next episode. Boo!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 May 2017, 12:10

I know some people hated that scene and said it had the worst acting ever in Twin Peaks but have they forgotten Billy Zane?

I liked it and the straightness of sheriff Truman was perfect for it
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 May 2017, 15:17

It made me laugh when I saw him kitted out like The Wild One, but it wasn't a very good Brando impression so wasn't as funny as it could have been.

Overall the first two were quite hard work because it just seemed a lot of random scenes stitched together ( they haven't returned at all to the jailed high school principle have they?), but 3 and 4 were much better and I'm intrigued to see where it will go.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 May 2017, 15:25

I watched the first two episodes again and I think they are great. This kind of stuff is always more enjoyable 2nd time round because you have more of a handle on it but it has settled down a bit after the opening mono weirdo blast which really seemed like a statement of intent.

I hope we come back to the jailed principle because I thought there was promise there but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. I mean presumably those scenes where just giving you some idea of what Bob had been getting up to.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 May 2017, 16:14

Principle?

No, it wasn't a good Brando in the Wild One impression but that may have been the point, taken with the rather ponderous Godfather references.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 May 2017, 16:17

princiPAL. Doh. The headmaster.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 May 2017, 16:22

You don't say :D
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 May 2017, 16:30

:oops:

My spelling and grammar is getting worse these days

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 May 2017, 16:40

G did it first!
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 12:21

Got the boxset for the original twin peaks, watched the first 5 back to back, my head is again fried in a good way. There's something about the actors that lynch got that just seem perfect for their roles, big or small. Like they accept fully that their character is fucked up and they just jump in to It and just go with it. Not giving a fuck what they look like to the audience.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2017, 12:58

Enjoy the ride

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 13:10

Bits and pieces are coming back to me as I watch it.

In the new twin peaks, I'm surprised Ontkean didn't come out of retirement for it.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 May 2017, 13:24

Belle Lettre wrote:G did it first!

Originality always trumps grammatical correctness. x

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 May 2017, 13:26

Rumours Bowie might appear..wouldn't that be incredible?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 13:28

As long as Michael Cera doesn't appear again. :(

Welcome back big lad.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2017, 13:29

Phillip Jefferies has been referenced quite a bit but I would be shocked and stunned if Bowie was in it

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 May 2017, 13:32

I can't tell if lynch is a bad amateur actor or playing his character perfectly.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2017, 13:33

Cole is one of my favourite characters.

There are some great scenes later on in the 2nd series

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 May 2017, 13:43

He's marvellous.
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Return to “Screenadelica”