Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Aug 2017, 18:41

Not really
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 02 Aug 2017, 18:56

Yes really.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 51933
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Snarfyguy » 02 Aug 2017, 21:10

The Modernist wrote:It seemed too realistic and mundane for a dream sequence.

But what was up with her interlocutor?

He seemed composed from a man's head and a child's body. Definitely something peculiar (in my view) there, although not without a degree of tedium, it's true.

Edited to add, I've now learned that "[t]he actor who played Audrey's husband, Charlie, is Clark Middleton. He has that stiff neck and hands from severe juvenile arthritis that started before he was old enough to enter kindergarten and likely has his growth affected by years of [name of pharmaceutical] used for the arthritis."
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Aug 2017, 17:58

Snarfyguy wrote:
Edited to add, I've now learned that "[t]he actor who played Audrey's husband, Charlie, is Clark Middleton. He has that stiff neck and hands from severe juvenile arthritis that started before he was old enough to enter kindergarten and likely has his growth affected by years of [name of pharmaceutical] used for the arthritis."


He's in the blacklist too, good comic release while being a very very competent in his character's role. I was kinda shocked to see him too.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 14886
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Aug 2017, 21:19

Audrey is still asleep, isn't she?

That conga line!
Dark Cooper's stare!
That fucking song!

Everything!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 09:16

A strong episodewith a real sense sadness at the passing of time and the characters unfulfilled lives

Big Ed, still in love with Norma. Lynch typically teased us by making it look like they were together but he’s not giving the audience what they want in the same way that the characters in Twin Peaks are not getting what they wanted either.
James doing his song, which I have to say I really liked (the lass left the room as she hates the cunt).
Sarah watching that endless loop of the boxing match (complete with that electronic glitch sound (electriiiiiciiity)
Loved the conga line and Candi.
Bad Coops arm wrestle was ridiculous but Lynch can pull this sorta thing off. Was Richard looking at his Father in adoration there?
Sweet scene between Dr Jacoby and Nadine

Some weird things going on time wise. Bobby mentioning his Fathers note which clearly happened days before. The scene with Becky which presumably is before she realised her boyfriend was cheating on her and she shot the door? Mind the noise in Sarahs house when Hawk visited? Signs that things are about to really kick off.

Another weird scene with Audrey that I have to say really moved me. I don’t go along with the dream theory but something is clearly awry. Has she had some kind of mental breakdown? Is she in therapy?

Only 5 episodes to go now and a lot to resolve. I mean, 5 hours is a lot but I'm sensing there are gonna be unresolved things.


Episode 14 was shown in Germany by mistake. I’ve avoided any spoilers but folk seem very positive.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Aug 2017, 12:46

I have a feeling "dougie" is with us until the very end.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33423
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PENK » 08 Aug 2017, 19:15

The Great Defector wrote:I have a feeling "dougie" is with us until the very end.


The common theory doing the rounds is that both he and Evil Coop are incomplete people because they need each other, the real Coop will be completed when they meet (seeing as BOB has apparently left Evil Coop).

I can see the real Coop coming back and deciding to stay with Janey-E and Sonny Jim, though. The fact that the "real" Dougie has been vaporised or whatever means that that family needs closure.
Last edited by PENK on 08 Aug 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33423
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PENK » 08 Aug 2017, 19:23

Goat Boy wrote:A strong episodewith a real sense sadness at the passing of time and the characters unfulfilled lives


Yes, it was one that felt a bit bitty - lots of short vignettes that didn't seem to develop things much - as I watched it but resonated more afterwards.

I'm with the "Charlie is her therapist" gang.

Why are the timelines in Twin Peaks all over the shop? What's going on there?

I read a couple of things saying that if you watched the Big Ed scene at the end, his reflection in the windows was not actually in sync with the real Ed sitting there drinking his soup.

James' song is still rubbish, though effective in context.

The three detective brothers are a fucking hoot.

Jacoby's line about Nadine and the potato, indeed that whole scene, was one of the occasional moments that felt like you were watching the original series.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 21:09

Remember Mike saying "past or future?"

Clearly time is not linear in the lodges but we seem to seeing evidence that this is impacting on Twin peaks itself more than ever (bobby, Sarah). I've heard about Eds reflection but never noticed it at the time but it won't be a mistake. I think it's just signs that the climax is approaching and the lines between the lodges and the 'real' world are increasingly blurring. I suspect Sarah palmer is more aware of this than anybody else in Twin Peaks although I also think she might be possessed. I never noticed the first time I watched it but when she loses it in the supermarket she refers to herself in the 3rd person as if somebody is telling Sarah to get her shit together
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Aug 2017, 22:41

I wonder what are the chances of a 4th season?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Aug 2017, 15:44

The Great Defector wrote:I wonder what are the chances of a 4th season?


http://deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491

Highly unlikely I suspect

I think it took Frost and Lynch 4 years to come up with the script for this one.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Aug 2017, 16:02

Goat Boy wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I wonder what are the chances of a 4th season?


http://deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491

Highly unlikely I suspect

I think it took Frost and Lynch 4 years to come up with the script for this one.



Probably for the best. :(
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 51933
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Aug 2017, 17:06

PENK wrote:...BOB has apparently left Evil Coop...

How do you figure? He appears to be un-killabe and have super-human strength!

(Very satisfying scene in the warehouse! It's odd to find oneself rooting for bad Coop.

Also - really been enjoying Tom Sizemore's performances!
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33423
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PENK » 09 Aug 2017, 19:37

Snarfyguy wrote:
PENK wrote:...BOB has apparently left Evil Coop...

How do you figure? He appears to be un-killabe and have super-human strength!


In episode eight, after Ray shot him, did the woodsmen not "extract" BOB from his body? That was what I thought had happened... but maybe they just took BOB out temporarily as part of the revival. I thought perhaps the superhuman strength was something to do with his being a product of the Lodge (witness also Dougie taking down Ike the Spike, which we more readily ascribed to Cooper's muscle memory).
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Aug 2017, 19:42

I think the obvious interpretation is that Bob has left Coops doppleganger who is carrying on doing bad things cos he's, er, bad. But then if Bob has left where is he now? He needs a body, no? maybe he's gone back to Twin Peaks to get one.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 51933
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Aug 2017, 20:52

PENK wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:
PENK wrote:...BOB has apparently left Evil Coop...

How do you figure? He appears to be un-killabe and have super-human strength!


In episode eight, after Ray shot him, did the woodsmen not "extract" BOB from his body? That was what I thought had happened... but maybe they just took BOB out temporarily as part of the revival. I thought perhaps the superhuman strength was something to do with his being a product of the Lodge (witness also Dougie taking down Ike the Spike, which we more readily ascribed to Cooper's muscle memory).

It was hard to tell what was going on in that scene, but okay, I can see that. Thanks.
Jimbo wrote:In some ways, personality-wise, Trump and I are similar.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 11 Aug 2017, 12:21

Watching the last episode again I noticed that the shot of the double r diner was sped up (only noticeable with the wind blowing through the trees at the far right of the shot).

Big Ed does a double take when looking out the window but I really couldn't see anything as some have claimed.

*edit* ok the reflection in the window does appear to have a glitch.
Last edited by Goat Boy on 12 Aug 2017, 12:36, edited 2 times in total.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15711
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Aug 2017, 12:34

Felt sorry for big Ed. Wish him and nora were still together.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29750
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 11 Aug 2017, 12:37

Spoiler!!

Aye. Lynch set it up to make it look like they were of course. The rascal.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Muskrat wrote:I'm undemonstrative during shows; no matter how much I enjoy them. People who get up and move around ("dance," if they will) strike me as show-offs