Twin Peaks season 3

..and why not?
User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Apr 2017, 12:59

Predictably there's been no new footage released except for a brief shot of some trees but it's less than a month away now.

I never thought this would ever happen.

It has to be good, right?
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
borofan
Posts: 2988
Joined: 29 Jul 2003, 21:17
Location: Lost in translation

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby borofan » 25 Apr 2017, 17:18

I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

User avatar
Classic Rock Sneelock
Posts: 9185
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Classic Rock Sneelock » 25 Apr 2017, 17:35

I agree but I think that's a good place for him.
I thought "Firewalk with Me" was pretty unpleasant but, on the show, other people made major contributions.
I think it could go either way.
I hate every ape I see from Chimpan-A to Chimpan-Z.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Apr 2017, 18:20

Fire Walk With Me was great, it just wasn't what people were looking for, that's all.

Mark Frost has co written it remember. I think I read a quote from Laura Dern saying that it's "very funny" which suggests it will be tonally more in keeping with the TV show than the movie.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 14676
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Belle Lettre » 25 Apr 2017, 21:13

Goat Boy wrote:Fire Walk With Me was great, it just wasn't what people were looking for, that's all.

Mark Frost has co written it remember. I think I read a quote from Laura Dern saying that it's "very funny" which suggests it will be tonally more in keeping with the TV show than the movie.

I enjoyed FWWM.

I'm sure they'll pull it off.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
PresMuffley
Posts: 798
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 12:00

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PresMuffley » 25 Apr 2017, 22:59

Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33066
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PENK » 26 Apr 2017, 10:54

borofan wrote:I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.


He's always been up his own fundament. David Lynch's fundament is a pretty interesting place, it seems.

He's always been hit and miss but there was rare magic in the original Twin Peaks: the first series, and some remarkable moments of the second. I think they've put a lot into this new one - look at that cast list! - and it can't be anything other than fascinating viewing, whether or not it strikes gold.

Aside from a handful of actors who have passed, it's also a shame Michael Ontkean isn't back.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Apr 2017, 11:38

Well, yeah. I like Lynch's fundament. I think it's a weird, magical place.

I don't think it's gonna go all Inland Empire on our arses.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Apr 2017, 11:39

PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.


It's something else and the performance by Sheryl Lee is great.
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14863
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 26 Apr 2017, 12:24

PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.



Did you not like Mulholland drive?
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
borofan
Posts: 2988
Joined: 29 Jul 2003, 21:17
Location: Lost in translation

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby borofan » 26 Apr 2017, 17:31

PENK wrote:
borofan wrote:I wouldn't bank on it. Lynch disappeared up his own fundament years ago.


He's always been up his own fundament.


Not as far up as he is now. I enjoyed Mulholland Drive, but he lost me after that.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

User avatar
jimboo
Posts: 6220
Joined: 29 Dec 2005, 17:43
Location: taking a foxy kind of stand

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby jimboo » 26 Apr 2017, 20:05

Don't be facetious. It doesn't become you.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

User avatar
bobzilla77
Posts: 14817
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 02:56
Location: Dilute! Dilute! OK!

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby bobzilla77 » 27 Apr 2017, 00:19

I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.


User avatar
PresMuffley
Posts: 798
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 12:00

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PresMuffley » 28 Apr 2017, 02:59

The Great Defector wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.



Did you not like Mulholland drive?


I liked it well enough when it came out and for several years after, but I'm just not all that interested in Lynch anymore. My favorite from him is Lost Highway.

There's a really excellent documentary called David Wants to Fly that delves into his participation in the Transcendental Meditation movement / cult - worth checking out if you're a fan.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29132
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby Goat Boy » 28 Apr 2017, 09:14

bobzilla77 wrote:I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.


I know, I'm just willing it on!
Copehead wrote:You are making a fool of yourself.


Lord Rother, talking about Big Big Train wrote:the best band on the planet right now

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14863
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 28 Apr 2017, 12:46

PresMuffley wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:Fire Walk with Me is probably the best film I've seen that deals with parental sexual abuse. I'm a bit off of Lynch these days, but I still appreciate his contributions to my consciousness.



Did you not like Mulholland drive?


I liked it well enough when it came out and for several years after, but I'm just not all that interested in Lynch anymore. My favorite from him is Lost Highway.

There's a really excellent documentary called David Wants to Fly that delves into his participation in the Transcendental Meditation movement / cult - worth checking out if you're a fan.


I loved lost highway, it's a great film.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world

User avatar
fueryIre
Posts: 8634
Joined: 04 May 2011, 02:57
Location: Accredited BCB Pain in the Arse

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby fueryIre » 29 Apr 2017, 09:31

Goat Boy wrote:
bobzilla77 wrote:I don't know if it has to be good, but unlike a lot of remakes of old stuff, it has the potential to be good.


I know, I'm just willing it on!


Sadly, like a lot of remakes, it has even more potential to be terrible (Given the dreadful reviews it received, last year's reboot of the X-FIles being would seem to be an excellent example)
Image

User avatar
joels344
Posts: 562
Joined: 17 Dec 2016, 17:37
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby joels344 » 30 Apr 2017, 16:02

Definitely looking forward to it. Let's hope it lives up to the standards of the original and doesn't turn out like the second part of Season 2.

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 33066
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby PENK » 05 May 2017, 08:35

Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 14863
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Twin Peaks season 3

Postby The Great Defector » 05 May 2017, 14:26

Guy in work about my age never heard of Twin peaks. I know it had a cult following, but still, he must have heard the name "twin peaks" at least. I was shocked.
fueryIre wrote:Deluded by the belief that what is said on chat boards reflects reality or carries any kind of weight in the day-to-day world


Return to “Screenadelica”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest