Let's talk about "Line of Duty"

..and why not?
Polishgirl

Let's talk about "Line of Duty"

Postby Polishgirl » 06 Apr 2017, 12:23

Ooofff..... it's 'good, isn't it?

What are people making of it so far? Enjoying it as more of a stand alone storyline? Any early bets on whodunit?
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Rayge

Re: Let's talk about "Line of Duty"

Postby Rayge » 21 Apr 2017, 08:27

Thang and I are realy enjoying htis but we can't join in because for various reasons we're always an ep behind. Once we've seen four and five this weekend, I'm sure we'll be back
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Postby ... » 21 Apr 2017, 09:08

K wrote:I'm keeping my powder dry in this. It's been great again, And I dont agree with the commentators who think it's not as good as S3. I think the next episode will be explosive (I've seen eps 1 - 4)

Have resisted the temptation to watch this in weekly bursts in favour of a 6-episode splurge of the whole thing next weekend

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 21 Apr 2017, 12:10

fueryIre wrote:
K wrote:I'm keeping my powder dry in this. It's been great again, And I dont agree with the commentators who think it's not as good as S3. I think the next episode will be explosive (I've seen eps 1 - 4)

Have resisted the temptation to watch this in weekly bursts in favour of a 6-episode splurge of the whole thing next weekend

In which case, I would be delighted to save you 6 hours of your life, and bring you bang up to date with everything that's happened.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Postby ... » 21 Apr 2017, 18:42

Polishgirl wrote:
fueryIre wrote:

In which case, I would be delighted to save you 6 hours of your life, and bring you bang up to date with everything that's happened.

Know that this is effectively a standalone series as the Craig Parkinson character's storyline pretty much reached its conclusion at the end of S3, but it's been getting pretty good reviews. Are you not really enjoying it, Pippa?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 Apr 2017, 21:01

There's something hinky about Jodie, the apple polisher.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 21 Apr 2017, 23:05

Oh God; I'm absolutely hooked by it! There are very few series that have grabbed me like LoD has. A couple of the blokes at work are watching it as well, and our Monday morning conversation is all about it. I'm so impatient for each episode.

But we can't talk about it because some slack types aren't up to date with it.....

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 23 Apr 2017, 09:10

Polishgirl wrote:But we can't talk about it because some slack types aren't up to date with it.....

*cough* Gimme a break, I was in Paris.

Seen it now - it's bloody cracking stuff. Very well-written. And didn't she score a blinder in her interview? So glad she didn't shag creepy paws. But what is he up to??

I think I know who balaclava man is. Could be completely wrong but I've told Rayge who - we'll see.

Postby ... » 23 Apr 2017, 15:44

Thang-y wrote:
Polishgirl wrote:But we can't talk about it because some slack types aren't up to date with it.....

*cough* Gimme a break, I was in Paris.

Seen it now - it's bloody cracking stuff. Very well-written. And didn't she score a blinder in her interview? So glad she didn't shag creepy paws. But what is he up to??

I think I know who balaclava man is. Could be completely wrong but I've told Rayge who - we'll see.

As I'm sure i'm not the only LOD fan who's holding back on watching S4 while still visiting this thread occasionally, any chance you could use the spoiler feature to conceal major plot giveaways?

Cheers in advance for doing so

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 23 Apr 2017, 16:30

Oops. Sorry.

The first thing .. yeah, fair point. I'm sorry. It's not part of the big plot but yeah, fair point. I'm sorry.

The second thing you blacked out is there from the very first programme and I've given nothing away.

Get watchin!!!!!

Postby ... » 23 Apr 2017, 16:41

Thang-y wrote:Oops. Sorry.

The first thing .. yeah, fair point. I'm sorry. It's not part of the big plot but yeah, fair point. I'm sorry.

The second thing you blacked out is there from the very first programme and I've given nothing away.

Get watchin!!!!!

No worries.

Episode 6 next Sun so will be sitting down to two eps a night from Friday on.

Did you ever see the thing Jed Mercurio did about Doctors six or seven years back
(Bodies?) Well worth watching if you like LOD.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Apr 2017, 17:27

Ack, my freedom of expression is being stifled.

This never happened when BCB, and the nation were entranced by Forbrydelsen (The Killing).
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Apr 2017, 17:36

I read that earlier in the week.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Apr 2017, 17:45

Let the snowflakes melt on this fine spring day.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Apr 2017, 20:38

fueryIre wrote:
Did you ever see the thing Jed Mercurio did about Doctors six or seven years back
(Bodies?) Well worth watching if you like LOD.

Yes, I did quite recently. Then I threw it in the bin, as one of the discs had cracked but I'd have given it away anyway as I'd never want to watch it again. Way too dark. Super heavy Obstetric/Neo-natal stuff like that really happens.
Fantastic acting however, particularly Allen and Baladi.
Last edited by Samoan on 21 Jul 2017, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Apr 2017, 14:01

So someone has been rendered paraplegic and another's
had a partial limb amputation and they're carrying on as normal with no PTSD or lifestyle adjustments ?
Then there's the character of Jodie, a limp lettuce and wholly unbelievable as a detective.

I'm unconvinced. Mercurio is not on top of his game with this storyline. I'll still check-in next week however although I have no memory of series 1 so it's significance is fairly meaningless to me.
Last edited by Samoan on 03 May 2017, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ... » 29 Apr 2017, 09:29

Up to episode 2. Brilliant as always - probably the best contemporary (as opposed to period shows like Wolf Hall), dramas in years. Will refrain from posting further until I've seen the whole thing

Postby ... » 29 Apr 2017, 12:27

You're not going to get me like that! See you on Monday!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Apr 2017, 13:16

fueryIre wrote:You're not going to get me like that! See you on Monday!

I don't see why we should indulge you quite frankly.

This never happened when BCB, and the nation were entranced by Forbrydelsen (The Killing) or with Wolf Hall.

Postby ... » 30 Apr 2017, 08:54

Samoan wrote:
fueryIre wrote:You're not going to get me like that! See you on Monday!

I don't see why we should indulge you quite frankly.

This never happened when BCB, and the nation were entranced by Forbrydelsen (The Killing) or with Wolf Hall.

Not another bloody repeat!

Samoan wrote:Ack, my freedom of expression is being stifled.

This never happened when BCB, and the nation were entranced by Forbrydelsen (The Killing).

Return to “Screenadelica”