BCB's Top 101 Films Poll (2017 edition) - FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!

..and why not?
PresMuffley

Re: BCB's Top 100 Films Poll (2017 edition) - CLOSED!! PARTICIPANTS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR LISTS.

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 20:32

algroth wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:
algroth wrote:No problem, but I wasn't aware I was breaking any principles. I understand that using an outdated list in place of a new one in the user's name without their consent is wrong since it isn't their list of preferences as it exists today, and which is why I wouldn't go with it, but their consent or request to do so would change things as well. What did you take issue against?

My issue is with people committing to something, not following through, and then having the rules bent to cater to their lack of effort. Granted, they didn't ask to have the rules changed, and I guess there weren't any real rules here to begin with, but there was a commitment made to put forth an effort. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that anyone's list from 6 years ago would be wholly applicable to the present. It all rubs me the wrong way.

Alright, thanks. The thought I had in mind regarding the rules was more that they existed as parametres to make the project doable moreso than to create a challenge or a frame of fairness so to speak - I was more interested in having as wide a sample of the forum's community as I could, as I reckoned that would make the results more representative of the community's general tastes (and I also reckoned the fun was in making and seeing the list that came out of it). I didn't consider how I was being unfair to those who put forth the *effort* to actually make their list. Again, sorry for that. :oops:

Whatever. It's cool. I feel like a dick for bringing it up. I'm very easily annoyed by people being unpunctual, and this feels like something of an extension to that. In the end, it's much more my problem than theirs.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

PresMuffley

Re: BCB's Top 100 Films Poll (2017 edition) - CLOSED!! PARTICIPANTS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR LISTS.

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 22:21

Pat O'Banton wrote:Fuck. Wanted to vote.

A provisional ballot might be in order if you possess the proper documentation. Check with Al at the front desk.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 23:28

Pat O'Banton wrote:Fuck. Wanted to vote.

Since I've yet to finish tallying up the votes, feel free to send a list! However, I will say that once I have finished I won't be accepting any new lists. If you can send it in within the next two days you should more than likely make it in! :)

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 13 May 2017, 01:15

algroth wrote:
martha wrote:Please don't waste your time on it, it was flippant of me to even say anything.

What do you mean, martha?

I just mean you're plenty busy and don't need to bother with any searching for lists from six years ago etc on my account. I shouldn't have bothered you with it, but thank you.
--m.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 13 May 2017, 09:45

WHO WON?
I run out of talent

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 13 May 2017, 20:04

Chelsea
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

algroth

Postby algroth » 15 May 2017, 17:34

never/ever wrote:I sent Andrew a pm on Facebook....

Any news?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 15 May 2017, 21:28

He got the message on Friday, seen it but if he hasn't responded to you yet,,,,,
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 16 May 2017, 02:40

PENK wrote:Chelsea

Director and year, please.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 16 May 2017, 05:50

Chelsea (UK/Rus, 2017)
90 mins
Dir: Antonio Conte
Starring: Eden Hazard, N'Golo Kante, Diego Costa, Thibault Courtois, Gary Cahill
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 16 May 2017, 07:12

Ah, the big budget hit.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 16 May 2017, 18:40

It was shit.
I run out of talent

algroth

Postby algroth » 16 May 2017, 19:00

I have only two lists left to tally, so I should be done by tonight. I'll be giving the participants 48 hours from now to send their lists, otherwise we'll have to move on without them.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 20 May 2017, 13:38

How's it going? The suspense is killing us!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 20 May 2017, 16:39

Yep. What he said. Also thanks for doing this Algroth.
--m.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 May 2017, 18:36

PresMuffley wrote:
algroth wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:
My issue is with people committing to something, not following through, and then having the rules bent to cater to their lack of effort. Granted, they didn't ask to have the rules changed, and I guess there weren't any real rules here to begin with, but there was a commitment made to put forth an effort. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that anyone's list from 6 years ago would be wholly applicable to the present. It all rubs me the wrong way.

Alright, thanks. The thought I had in mind regarding the rules was more that they existed as parametres to make the project doable moreso than to create a challenge or a frame of fairness so to speak - I was more interested in having as wide a sample of the forum's community as I could, as I reckoned that would make the results more representative of the community's general tastes (and I also reckoned the fun was in making and seeing the list that came out of it). I didn't consider how I was being unfair to those who put forth the *effort* to actually make their list. Again, sorry for that. :oops:

Whatever. It's cool. I feel like a dick for bringing it up.

Good.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

algroth

Postby algroth » 20 May 2017, 19:19

Sorry, I've been having some personal troubles that kept me from finishing this. I'll finish it off today, however, and will get to posting the first batch by tomorrow!

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 20 May 2017, 19:41

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing it.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 21 May 2017, 03:39

Minnie the Minx wrote:Good.

Not to rain on your parade, lady, but I wasn't too broken up about it. And since I'm in a friendly mood, I thought I'd share this with you:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/vagina-health/Pages/keep-vagina-clean.aspx

Ticks are horrible this year - might wanna give that kitty a trim.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 May 2017, 05:26

PresMuffley wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Good.

Not to rain on your parade, lady, but I wasn't too broken up about it. And since I'm in a friendly mood, I thought I'd share this with you:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/vagina-health/Pages/keep-vagina-clean.aspx

Ticks are horrible this year - might wanna give that kitty a trim.

What an unpleasant weirdo you are.
Mind you, I remember what I was like when I had my first drink.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Return to “Screenadelica”